Energy take classic 5.1.. Size really matters??

yup get the paradigm. i heard the energy and then paradigm. the latter was much much better.

To paraphrase the thread title Price really matters??
Paradigm 70 CT - Rs 35k (Rontek) & Not available on Amazon
Paradigm 90 CT - Rs 42k (Rontek) & Rs 40k (Amazon)
Energy Take Classic 5.1 - Rs 19.5k (Amazon)

The 70CT seems to be a discontinued model because it's not available anywhere online. Jacob of Rontek also strongly recommends the 90 CT over the 70 CT.

From the $200 discount that Amazon is offering on the Energy, it looks like it is also on the verge of being discontinued.

Jacob also has one or two peices of a discontinued Klipsch satelite system (5 without sub), which he's offering at a low price, contact him for details.

To paraphrase the thread title Price really matters??
Paradigm 70 CT - Rs 35k (Rontek) & Not available on Amazon
Paradigm 90 CT - Rs 42k (Rontek) & Rs 40k (Amazon)
Energy Take Classic 5.1 - Rs 19.5k (Amazon)

The 70CT seems to be a discontinued model because it's not available anywhere online. Jacob of Rontek also strongly recommends the 90 CT over the 70 CT.

From the $200 discount that Amazon is offering on the Energy, it looks like it is also on the verge of being discontinued.

Jacob also has one or two peices of a discontinued Klipsch satelite system (5 without sub), which he's offering at a low price, contact him for details.

What :mad: ignore jacob I got 110ct for the price of 90ct quoted for you.....

The Home Theater Store

Contact lokesh......

Contact Modern World or KEI Bangalore directly. PM me and I'll pass on the KEI number. What you quoted as prices are the MRPs.

I've been to their warehouse at New Tippasandra Road and they have atleast a dozen pieces of 70CT in stock.

Last edited:
Hi.assuming one has access to a US delivery center, is the Energy Classic 5.1 the best bet in the 20K range? I have just bought a pioneer 1020K and need speakers to hook it up with.

In India I have heard the two speaker Polk Tsi300 and they sounded good adn retail for around 21K.

Also the Mission home theater at Profx is 29K.

Not sure if one can compare Energy to tower speaker based packages....but if my range is around 20..should i go with energy or the polk stereo package? I have my yamaha home theater speaker and subs that i can use with Polk.

any one using energy take classic 1.5 from US with a step down transformer? i bought one, need to look for a suitable converter, please help. thanks

Hi,

I bought Energy Take Classic 5.1 speaker system from Reliance Digital, Bangalore last month(Nov 24, 2010) but now it seems the tweeters of 3 of the speakers are not working. Is anyone aware of How to go about claiming the warranty and getting this repaired.

Thanks,
Anil Nair

Finally got my Take Classic 5.1 set from the US. It was purchased on Amazon and netted about 20k.

The box was 41 lbs, just under the 50 lbs baggage limit. TSA opened up the box and examined each speaker.

The long search is over and I'm quite happy with the set. Now I'm going to log off HFV for a while so I don't again start buying more stuff that I never needed till I read about them here :).

Last edited:
Finally got my Take Classic 5.1 set from the US. It was purchase on Amazon and netted about 20k.

The box was 41 lbs, just under the 50 lbs baggage limit. TSA opened up the box and examined each speaker.

The long search is over and I'm quite happy with the set. Now I'm going to log off HFV for a while so I don't again start buying more stuff that I never needed till I read about them here :).

Congratulations ! Please post pictures of your setup and logoff.... :signthankspin:

i dont think take classic is readily available in india now. An rc micro model has come up. I had searched for take classic for a while and later settled for CB-5 Bookshelves.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back