Entry level AVR vs. Entry level amp

RMCWS

Currently I am using an entry level avr (Yamaha 373) to listen to music by either connecting a pendrive directly to the avr for mp3s (320) or playing audio cds on an old Philips DVD player.

Whenever I listen to music, it is in 2.1 stereo mode. My speakers are Sonodyne BS and Sonodyne SW.

I am very much satisfied with the current set up.

However, I won't mind if I get better sound by shifting to a stereo amp (keeping the speakers same) but budget is always an issue.

Now my question is that if I buy a budget amp (like Sonodyne sia, Astonia or Norge) within 12-15K, keeping the source as well as speakers intact, will it improve the sound quality than what I am getting from my current avr.

I am only talking about music and not movies. I know buying a decent amp and cd player will improve the quality, but right now I am only interested in the above mentioned budget amp.

Answer to your question is a resounding yes. Although the Sonodyne speakers are not the best (but by no means bad), if you pair them with their SIA amp I will even go so far as to say you will find a 'world' of difference. I did, 100% I did. With 320 Kbps mp3 the difference was great, and with quality FLAC rips, throw in just a decent cheap DAC (in my case it was a Asus Xonar U3, now a Fiio) you will experience a new dimension in music.
I have no experience of Norge or Astonia, but SIA amps are capable in their budget, not great, not even very good compared to better brands but will give you great pleasure. You have been with this set up for a while now and your ears are ready to encounter the next level. Go for it.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back