Entry level Budget Bookshelf Speaker Review

Anil

Entry level Budget Bookshelf Speaker Review

A pair of compact, stereo speakers offer an ideal introduction for anyone interested in adopting hi-fi. Even at the entry level, speakers have the most crucial effect on the overall sound performance of your stereo system - so, if music matters, this is the place to start.
Standmount speakers may be sonically restricted by size but they're ideal for smaller spaces or a secondary system - and a dedicated pair of stereo speakers will generally outperform two channels taken from a compromised surround speaker package.

Original speaker design hasn't changed much over time. Cabinets and drivers may be constructed from different materials and some new technologies have been developed but the principles remain the same. Despite their diminutive proportions, each of our speaker pairs is capable of surprising bass extension, detail and dynamics. And, even though they're designed by a quartet of the leading speaker manufacturers, they're all priced below 200 - a small price to pay for two-channel talents such as these.

See the entire review at http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/474/v/3/

Interesting read. Can anyone recommend me a good pair of bookshelf/floorstanders for a budget amp (either NAD 352 or CA 640A v2) apart from the 9.1 ?

Thanks.

Since speakers are one of the most influencing factor in a av system I would suggest you to spend at least 40% of your outlay on them.

Spend some time on selecting your speakers. Also some speakers sound better with certain amps than others. Audition your speakers before buying them.

From my experince I would suggest you try out the Energy Reference Connoisseur RC-10

Great bookshelf speakers and super value for your money. Give it a hear with your amp and then decide.

I just found a review for these speakers on soundstage!

Here is the link http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/energy_rc10.htm

The Indian dealer for Energy is:

Rivera International

Located at:

397A-1B Mangaldas House
Naaz Cinema Compound, Lamington Road
Mumbai 400 004
INDIA

Tel: +91 (2380) 0555

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back