Epos: Is there a Chinese connection now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand the sort of negativity against the Chinese. I think they are remarkable manufacturers/assemblers and the way they have elevated themselves from what they used to be is fantastic! They are responsible for lowered prices of many products globally which once used to be niche and elitist - and that's a very good thing. Me, I could not care less who owns what including where it was manufactured just as long as the fit/finish/engineering/performance/price is good - to me that is all that matters!

Oh, and BTW, Fink Audio Consulting are the engineering brains behind MANY speaker lines from many renowned brands including Epos [under Creek] - you didn't think all speaker manufacturers do their engineering inhouse, did you? ;)

WITHOUT A DOUBT! I remind myself daily that my beloved Q3050i is made in the PRC lol!

WITHOUT A DOUBT! I remind myself daily that my beloved Q3050i is made in the PRC lol!
Even if some boxes say “made in Britain” it’s more of assembled in Britain! I don’t think a chord mojo or a spendor is completely made of everything available in UK. I can be wrong too. I had quality issues with my chord mojo but never had any issue with Chinese stuff like fiio and xduoo. But there are other people may had issues with Chinese products. These days everything is mostly machine made like Apple products. Doesn’t matter where the machine is sitting.

End of the day it boils down to what standards the company sets for their quality control and how well they are engineered.

Even if some boxes say “made in Britain” it’s more of assembled in Britain! I don’t think a chord mojo or a spendor is completely made of everything available in UK. I can be wrong too. I had quality issues with my chord mojo but never had any issue with Chinese stuff like fiio and xduoo. But there are other people may had issues with Chinese products. These days everything is mostly machine made like Apple products. Doesn’t matter where the machine is sitting.

End of the day it boils down to what standards the company sets for their quality control and how well they are engineered.

I didn't get the point you're trying to make..

If we really want to put China down, we need to do things better than them.
We all need to get together for that. Businesses, politicians, citizens.
You can't bring them down just by avoiding things made in China or connected to China.
That will never work.
The whole world is their client. India consumes a very small percetage of their exports.

Unfortunately our business and political commitments to foreign setups to flourish here is not as strong and firm as how the Chinese give to other countries.
If we can manufacture good quality stuff ( which is few) over a wide range of products then we could have given the Chinese a befitting reply for the nonsense and bullying they are up to. Unfortunately looks like we have a long way to go.
A lot of big audio companies have shifted to Vietnam from China. I don't see what is there in Vietnam that we lack in India.
Is it lack of political or business will & commitments towards others ?
The precious lives of our soldiers lost is very unfortunate and sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back