Epson TW 3600 inDubai

orthopod

Hi
I am in the process of setting up my HT. Budget is not very high. Zeroed on Epson TW3600 after all the research. Want to know what is the pricing in Dubai. Its quoted at 1.05 L here in Mangalore.
And what about the warranty bit in India for Epson Pj`s
Please help

Hi
I am in the process of setting up my HT. Budget is not very high. Zeroed on Epson TW3600 after all the research. Want to know what is the pricing in Dubai. Its quoted at 1.05 L here in Mangalore.
Please help

1.05 L for TW3600 is too much I guess. I just got TW6000 which is top of the line full HD 3D projector which costed me around 1L in Bangalore. This has got official 2 years warranty by Epson and 6 months on the lamp. In comparison TW3600 has got lens shift (TW6000 does not have this) which is the only thing i could figure out is worth something.

I don't know about Dubai mate, hope somebody else will help you with the pricing but for sure there would be no warranty. I've confirmed with Epson India and they do not honor any international warranty, the product has to be purchased in India.

Thanks but where in Bangalore did u get the TW 6000. I am not much into 3D , i have a 42" LG 3D LED smart TV , but dont fancy it much.
So a TW 3600, pretty much fits the bill - literally !!
I guess it much cost much less in Bangalore then. Could you PM me the dealers number please
And by the way how is the TW6000?

Hi
Please help

TW3600 price in India is 80-85k... The guy who quoted u 1.05 lacs is fooling u.... BTW there isnt much price diff between Dubai & India as far as I know... Actually a frnd of mine chked the price of TW6000 in dubia before buying in India... The price in Dubai was 1.20 lacs where as he bought for 1.05 lacs in India from Mumbai...

Thanks but where in Bangalore did u get the TW 6000. I am not much into 3D , i have a 42" LG 3D LED smart TV , but dont fancy it much.
So a TW 3600, pretty much fits the bill - literally !!
I guess it much cost much less in Bangalore then. Could you PM me the dealers number please
And by the way how is the TW6000?

42" 3D would not do any justice to the 3D technology. i've seen all the 3D TV's since past 2 year's from 42" till 65" and demoed not for 5 min but at least 20-30 min. All i can tell you is that for the 3D experience you need a bigger screen. 65" comes close to a good experience but only if you're sitting not more than 7-8 feet away, as further you go and the 3D experience starts decreasing.

IMHO the viewing area from where you are sitting should be filled with the image (that is what they do in IMAX theaters) and that's where these new 3D projectors comes in. I'd watched Kung Fu Panda 2 3D for 1/2 hr yesterday and it blew me away. I'm still setting up the projector properly (i've yet to get a screen ) and i was projecting it on my wall and viewing it from 8 feet. Once my projector is setup i'll be projecting >100" and viewing distance would be around 18 feet. I've ordered Avatar 3D Bluray and i hope it would be worth the experience.

The brightness of the 3D images is very good and if i go with my wife's comments she told me by all means it was better than what we've watched in the theater's in past :clapping:. We truly had a horrible 3D experience :mad: in "The avengers" and "Pirates of the carribean" recently in the cinema halls. The brightness is so low that the colors are not true and the dark scenes are just more darker.

The 2D also is too good. The picture is nice and crisp and it truly depends on the source. Projecting a 1080p Blu-ray is far much greater in details than a 720p downloaded video. The colors are all natural and the skin tone is fine without tweaking anything. All the setting are out of box as i'll only play around with them after the setup is complete.

But by all means if you've decided to go for TW3600 then go for it. I'd advise you to buy it from India as it'll give you 2 years warranty unless you want to take a chance on equipment worth a lakh.

Thank u sixthsense. I guess what u say makes "sense". Pay 15 K more for the 3D experience.
The price of TW 6000 in Dubai is 8699 AED - thats around 1.2 L. So better buy it here with the warranty.
Couple of things - Did u get 3D glasses also for that price or is it extra. And for the cables . Do u need special cables for 3D. I am new to all this.
And please tell me the dealer in Bangalore where i can get the PJ. May drive down sometime.
And what about the Screen . Have u found anything good & reasonable?

@ Rajadeep,

I saw some of your previous posts and called up Varay systems , Mumbai.
I am getting a quote of 1.05 L net with 2 3D galsses for TW 6000.
And 86 K net for TW3600. Do u think ii can haggle. The other thing is is it really worth going inn for a 3D Pj or spend that extra money for a screen.

@ Rajadeep,

I saw some of your previous posts and called up Varay systems , Mumbai.
I am getting a quote of 1.05 L net with 2 3D galsses for TW 6000.
And 86 K net for TW3600. Do u think ii can haggle. The other thing is is it really worth going inn for a 3D Pj or spend that extra money for a screen.

1.05 with 3D glasses is a very good price for TW6000. Go for it. I only got the projector as glasses was out of stock.

Update : I got Liberty Grandview 10x8 manual pull down screen for 14k + taxes. The gain is 1.2 . I'll open a new post with my buying experience etc. and my review of the whole thing.

Back