Epson TW 4500 Pure White rendition woes!

raveemahad

After the intial hue and cry over the grandeur and the impact of watching Hi-def on a approx 200 inches screen, i settled down to do some calibrations. The lamp by now had crossed the threshold of 100 hours operation that it needed to settle down, as some quarters would suggest. What initially escaped me through out my 100 hour sitting has now hit 'red' literally. Though my scan of the net did not fetch me any results for this problem with any of the Epson models , current or otherwise, i did see a similar situation that a reviewer had mentioned about a rival's product. This is exactly my woe too.
please read - " A slight post-calibration pink-magenta cast in the middle brightness range and a slight unevenness in the white field, with subtle additional magenta tinges in various areas of the image, were unnoticeable on color material, though they are visible if you look for them very carefully on black-and-white programming."

Any idea folks what this could be due to?
I have spoken to the Epson guys. They are yet to come into terms with this.
I use a sony blu ray player with an HDMI in-out and that's it. No loose ends anywhere. Power line stable.
The test signal used to check the whites was from the 'LIFE' series blu ray from BBC where it carries a HI DEF set up as an extra. The whites had the magenta at about three points, all of them in varying intensty, but is evident only on close scrutiny. With this information in mind when you go to watch any programme material you can identify the magenta there. But for someone who hasn't seen the white test this magenta may escape him.
Please let me know if any of you friends had a similar problem with any projector and what step did you take to rectify it.
thanks in advance.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back