Epson TW5300 Projector

smashingvicky

Hi All

Epson has come up with a new HT projector. Please suggest if anybody has tried it & can provide some reviews. All online reviews are from other countries, just wanted to know if anybody has used the Indian model..

Thanks
Smashingvicky

I have got the equivalent US model Epson HC2045 which is Epson TW5350 which i have been used for a month. I am pretty sure there would not be any difference. Tw5300 and TW5350 difference is that TW5350 has some wireless support for WIDI and Roku stick.
The price difference between US and India is rather high.

Online reviews pretty much is inline with how the product performs. Am with the product so far.

the plus points

1) Good picture quality with natural skin tones and doesnt feel pixelated.
2) Works pretty well with your HD channels from tatasky or any settop box.
3) Less lag in video
4) Good features like frame interpolation/ auto iris ( I havent really found the difference so far )
5) 3d works quite well. Suposed to be the best at this price point. Although the epson 3d glasses are very expensive
6) lower lamp replacement costs.
7) Easy to use interface.

Cons
1) A bit noisy if the setting is in non Eco mode especially during nights when the surrounding is a bit quiet and the volumes that you keep from the HT setup is a bit low. Please use Eco mode for the first few months so that you get good lamp life as the lamp deterioration will be higher in the initial period.
2) On board sound is nothing to write home about. I woudnt bother actually
3) Blacks are not deep blacks like your LED TVs. Could have been better but your eyes get used to it.
4) Wireless HD transmission would have been a boon. I have bough IOgear which costs like 20K. No wire clutter and it works perfectly fine. You cant get this from this price point but i feel is a very good feature to have.

Hope this helps.

I have got the equivalent US model Epson HC2045 which is Epson TW5350 which i have been used for a month. I am pretty sure there would not be any difference. Tw5300 and TW5350 difference is that TW5350 has some wireless support for WIDI and Roku stick.
The price difference between US and India is rather high.

Online reviews pretty much is inline with how the product performs. Am with the product so far.

the plus points

1) Good picture quality with natural skin tones and doesnt feel pixelated.
2) Works pretty well with your HD channels from tatasky or any settop box.
3) Less lag in video
4) Good features like frame interpolation/ auto iris ( I havent really found the difference so far )
5) 3d works quite well. Suposed to be the best at this price point. Although the epson 3d glasses are very expensive
6) lower lamp replacement costs.
7) Easy to use interface.

Cons
1) A bit noisy if the setting is in non Eco mode especially during nights when the surrounding is a bit quiet and the volumes that you keep from the HT setup is a bit low. Please use Eco mode for the first few months so that you get good lamp life as the lamp deterioration will be higher in the initial period.
2) On board sound is nothing to write home about. I woudnt bother actually
3) Blacks are not deep blacks like your LED TVs. Could have been better but your eyes get used to it.
4) Wireless HD transmission would have been a boon. I have bough IOgear which costs like 20K. No wire clutter and it works perfectly fine. You cant get this from this price point but i feel is a very good feature to have.

Hope this helps.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back