Eversolo DMP A6 vs IFI Zen Stream

Haven't heard any Wiim product yet so can't say. Also, never checked if Zen Stream has an EQ plugin since my RME has a PEQ.
I have one more question. Spotify connect and Airplay works only in AIO mode or is there any exclusive more for these two?

I have been using iFi Zen Stream for about a year or so mainly to stream Spotify through Spotify Connect and playing FLAC / DSD and WAV files through a connected HDD. Replaced the stock power adopted by one from IFi itself, purchased separately. Zen stream is connected to my Luxman DAC through USB as well as co-axial cable. The presentation is clean and coherent. However, playing ripped FLAC / WAV / DSD files through HDD carries weighter sound compared to playing same file through spotify. I think this phonomenon is same with all streamers. Exclusive connection options available for Tidal Connect and Roon. Chromecast still not available though announced at the beginning of launch.
Now looking to upgarde the streamer and stuck up between Lumin U2 mini vs Audiolab 9000N. Since Audiolab 9000N has inbuilt Sabre pro DAC that gives the option to even replace the Luxman DAC. Both options being expensive weighing value for money considerations.
Fellow memebers may throw some light on choosing the option.
Excluded Eversolo after initial research, though very positive reviews.

There is no exclusive mode for them. I use the Zen Stream in AIO mode only.
Thanks so very much for the guidance. 🙏 Finally got the Zen stream. Connected and initial impression is very good- definitely better than Wiim. Pondering over the Topping p50 LPS, if that can improve the sound further.

One doubt that - i have read online that turning off unused functionalities improve the sound. I have turned off the wifi networking and using Ethernet only. Which of these below should be turned off if i use only Spotify connect and Airplay (Apple Music) along with USB (Pen Drive). Thank You.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 12.47.05 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 12.47.05 AM.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 6
I have been using iFi Zen Stream for about a year or so mainly to stream Spotify through Spotify Connect and playing FLAC / DSD and WAV files through a connected HDD. Replaced the stock power adopted by one from IFi itself, purchased separately. Zen stream is connected to my Luxman DAC through USB as well as co-axial cable. The presentation is clean and coherent. However, playing ripped FLAC / WAV / DSD files through HDD carries weighter sound compared to playing same file through spotify. I think this phonomenon is same with all streamers. Exclusive connection options available for Tidal Connect and Roon. Chromecast still not available though announced at the beginning of launch.
Now looking to upgarde the streamer and stuck up between Lumin U2 mini vs Audiolab 9000N. Since Audiolab 9000N has inbuilt Sabre pro DAC that gives the option to even replace the Luxman DAC. Both options being expensive weighing value for money considerations.
Thats a really difficult choice to make. A Lumin U2 mini to a separate dac will give future flexibility. Where as an integrated dac cum streamer will have better implementation compatibility, so by default might sound better sometimes. The best of both worlds, would be a streamer cum dac with high quality digital outputs, so that we can still upgrade the dac in the future if desired.

Thanks so very much for the guidance. 🙏 Finally got the Zen stream. Connected and initial impression is very good- definitely better than Wiim.
Congratulations on your new kit - i can see HPZ has run out of Zen Streams 😄

@ajuvignesh - you can check with the OP regarding differences between the Zen Stream and Wiim Pro. :)
Pondering over the Topping p50 LPS, if that can improve the sound further.
Not sure about that. I use the iPowerX with the Zen Stream and I don't remember getting an improvement but that could be due to the lack of A/B testing. Then again, I remember not perceiving any difference with the Allo Shanti LPSU connected to the Allo Digione Signature over its stock supply either.

Maybe a comparisom of the Zen Stream with its stock PSU vs the Eversolo A8 is in order to see if the former still sounds identical to the latter without the iPowerX (since they both sound identical otherwise).
One doubt that - i have read online that turning off unused functionalities improve the sound. I have turned off the wifi networking and using Ethernet only. Which of these below should be turned off if i use only Spotify connect and Airplay (Apple Music) along with USB (Pen Drive). Thank You.
Keep spotify connect and Shairport-Sync active.

Thanks so very much for the guidance. 🙏 Finally got the Zen stream. Connected and initial impression is very good- definitely better than Wiim. Pondering over the Topping p50 LPS, if that can improve the sound further.

I have used topping p50 with zen stream. It certainly made difference.

Just turn off everything and enable just what you want if that give you peace of mind :)

I am looking for a streamer/digital transport to add to Audiolab 6000a amp by coaxial input. I have already tried WiiM pro plus but want something better. I also wonder about the native playback support of Apple Music on Eversolo.

Budget - 30 to 70k max

Doubts:
Is it advisable to go for Eversolo since I don’t intend to use its analog section and will always use Apple Music and Spotify only.

Should I never look at Zen stream because of its still glitchy interface and connectivity.

Or ditch all two and get Audiolab 7000n.

I want absolutely neutral uncoloured digital transport for the integrated amplifier.
@gurujee Congratulations on your purchase. :) Is the difference between wiim pro and zen stream huge? What kind of difference did you notice?

@DB1989 yeah it is out of stock now 😁

Please let us know why did you decide against Eversolo

@gurujee Congratulations on your purchase. :) Is the difference between wiim pro and zen stream huge? What kind of difference did you notice?

@DB1989 yeah it is out of stock now 😁
@DB1989 @muralimmreddy Thanks so much 🙏 🙏

@ajuvignesh Thank you. From the sound quality perspective, the diffrence is subjectively huge. Better soundstage, separation and not only more details but the effortless rendering of the those details. On certain songs on on the Wiim, you have to be keen to hear the details, but not on the Zen stream. It is the best improvement I get with the Zen. It is more mature, open, have depth and clarity. To me Wiim sounds ok, does everything right but the sound lacks soul, emotion, and the involvement - somewhat lifeless. Also I like warmth in the midrange and little sparkle and brightness on the top end. Zen fulfils it for me. I feel Wiim has warmer tonality, with rolled off highs even on its digital out. The ease of setup, interface, and the bass is better on the Wiim though.

I must say that I have not faced any connection problem with the Zen stream even on the first setup. The setup is little confusing for sure, especially for a non-techie like me. The webpage did not open at first. Every changes in the web page menu takes time (and reboot) to take effect. But it is a winner in my book for the SQ. (I would say, Zen stream is the teacher and Wiim is the student...:D Experience & Mastery vs know-all-do-all attitude, old school letter-writing vs instant messaging)

I must mention the remarkable built quality of the Zen stream, in comparision to the plastic Wiim. Zen stream feels heavy for its size, and the moment you first hold it, you will feel positive about the purchase.

@CKumar Sure, will post some pics soon once I hide all the wires and make the rack look clean and beautiful :p

@DB1989 @muralimmreddy Thanks so much 🙏 🙏

@ajuvignesh Thank you. From the sound quality perspective, the diffrence is subjectively huge. Better soundstage, separation and not only more details but the effortless rendering of the those details. On certain songs on on the Wiim, you have to be keen to hear the details, but not on the Zen stream. It is the best improvement I get with the Zen. It is more mature, open, have depth and clarity. To me Wiim sounds ok, does everything right but the sound lacks soul, emotion, and the involvement - somewhat lifeless. Also I like warmth in the midrange and little sparkle and brightness on the top end. Zen fulfils it for me. I feel Wiim has warmer tonality, with rolled off highs even on its digital out. The ease of setup, interface, and the bass is better on the Wiim though.

I must say that I have not faced any connection problem with the Zen stream even on the first setup. The setup is little confusing for sure, especially for a non-techie like me. The webpage did not open at first. Every changes in the web page menu takes time (and reboot) to take effect. But it is a winner in my book for the SQ. (I would say, Zen stream is the teacher and Wiim is the student...:D Experience & Mastery vs know-all-do-all attitude, old school letter-writing vs instant messaging)

I must mention the remarkable built quality of the Zen stream, in comparision to the plastic Wiim. Zen stream feels heavy for its size, and the moment you first hold it, you will feel positive about the purchase.

@CKumar Sure, will post some pics soon once I hide all the wires and make the rack look clean and beautiful :p
Wow. Thank you for the detailed review. :) Congratulations once again. :) Hope an LPS would make it even better.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back