Eversolo DMP A6 vs IFI Zen Stream

gurujee

I am looking for a streamer/digital transport to add to Audiolab 6000a amp by coaxial input. I have already tried WiiM pro plus but want something better. I also wonder about the native playback support of Apple Music on Eversolo.

Budget - 30 to 70k max

Doubts:
Is it advisable to go for Eversolo since I don’t intend to use its analog section and will always use Apple Music and Spotify only.

Should I never look at Zen stream because of its still glitchy interface and connectivity.

Or ditch all two and get Audiolab 7000n.

I want absolutely neutral uncoloured digital transport for the integrated amplifier.

Do you care about high res Apple Music? If yes, the Eversolo would be the right option - its the only one that plays Apple Music without using Airplay. If you are happy with using Airplay, the Zen Stream is fine.

Zen stream was better than the Wiim Pro if evaluated purely from SQ pov. Wiim Pro in terms of usability is right up there with big guns & is very smooth , zen stream is comparatively glitchy but not to the extent of being unusable. Glitches are more during first connection to the app ( happens more often for Tidal vs spotify if using connect) but not as much later.

Eversolo would be a culmination of the positives of both the devices with many users reporting a jump in SQ over the WiiM & no reported glitches per se.

I would recommend Eversolo over the above two especially considering Apple music is something you consume & also considering the capabilities of the Eversolo

Zen stream was better than the Wiim Pro if evaluated purely from SQ pov. Wiim Pro in terms of usability is right up there with big guns & is very smooth , zen stream is comparatively glitchy but not to the extent of being unusable. Glitches are more during first connection to the app ( happens more often for Tidal vs spotify if using connect) but not as much later.

Eversolo would be a culmination of the positives of both the devices with many users reporting a jump in SQ over the WiiM & no reported glitches per se.

I would recommend Eversolo over the above two especially considering Apple music is something you consume & also considering the capabilities of the Eversolo
I used Zen Stream. Its SQ is good. I used it via Schitt Modi DAC. I have recently bought Eversolo A6 and it is definitely better SQ.

I bough Eversolo mainly because of ability to play Apple Music using an app and it doesn't disappoint.

Both the touch interface and the App are smooth and without any lag or glitches.

Eversolo was able to index my nearly 100 GB of files within about 20 minutes whereas Ifi took many hours to do so. It also has XLR outputs if you want to use them and it does sound better than the RCA one.

I used Zen Stream. Its SQ is good. I used it via Schitt Modi DAC. I have recently bought Eversolo A6 and it is definitely better SQ.

I bough Eversolo mainly because of ability to play Apple Music using an app and it doesn't disappoint.

Both the touch interface and the App are smooth and without any lag or glitches.

Eversolo was able to index my nearly 100 GB of files within about 20 minutes whereas Ifi took many hours to do so. It also has XLR outputs if you want to use them and it does sound better than the RCA one.

That's good to know, never had first hand impressions from zen stream to eversolo users.

I am looking for a streamer/digital transport to add to Audiolab 6000a amp by coaxial input. I have already tried WiiM pro plus but want something better. I also wonder about the native playback support of Apple Music on Eversolo.

Budget - 30 to 70k max

Doubts:
Is it advisable to go for Eversolo since I don’t intend to use its analog section and will always use Apple Music and Spotify only.

Should I never look at Zen stream because of its still glitchy interface and connectivity.

I want absolutely neutral uncoloured digital transport for the integrated amplifier.
If you are only looking for uncolored sound then why not explore another DAC between Wiim and the amp ? I started using the Schiit Modi + between Wiim and the Rotel.
I think airplay does slightly higher than 16/44.1 if that suffices unless you are looking for the full lossless playback.

Did you do a side by side A/B comparison per chance?

The reason why I'm asking is I did a few comparisons between my Eversolo A8 with its own inbuilt DAC vs the Zen Stream connected to the Eversolo through coaxial (therefor, keeping as many components similar as possible) and the SQ was virtually indistinguishable :)

P.s. - Source was Spotify to ensure an apples to apples comparison (including handing over of Stream to ensure continuity without pause) and switching time was <2 seconds.

Budget - 30 to 70k max

Doubts:

There is a FiiO R7 model that does Apple Music natively. However if you only want to use it as transport and want it for native integration of Apple Music, my opinion is that there us not as much difference between ALAC and AAC to pump in so much money. You can instead get the Allo Digione Signature if you want a better transport.

Budget - 30 to 70k max

Doubts:

The choice is really simple, if you can strech your budget till Eversolo DMP A6, please go for it.
a) it's a far superior device in terms of feature and SQ than ifi
b) Far superior than the Audio Lab in terms features, usability; and lastly
C) On par, if not better than Audio Lab 7000n in terms of sound quality.

Note: The above three are true even if you consider the internal DAC's as well. I haven't compared the digital preamp section of A6 and 7000n so can't comment on that aspect.

Did you do a side by side A/B comparison per chance?

The reason why I'm asking is I did a few comparisons between my Eversolo A8 with its own inbuilt DAC vs the Zen Stream connected to the Eversolo through coaxial (therefor, keeping as many components similar as possible) and the SQ was virtually indistinguishable :)

P.s. - Source was Spotify to ensure an apples to apples comparison (including handing over of Stream to ensure continuity without pause) and switching time was <2 seconds.
I didn't do an actual A/B comparison i.e. side by side and switching back and forth. I felt the difference was while playing FLAC files. My collection was more Ilayaraja and AR Rahman music from 80s onwards. Spotify didn't have much difference indeed.

Thanks so so much for all the replies and guidance. Was on a tour, Sorry for late reply.

Is AvShack reliable for buying the Eversolo, as it is out of stock everywhere. What is the average price it is sold at in India?

is it wise to go for Audiolab 7000n, as it has a superior dac than 6000a and I can use it via analog in to 6000a. Will i get better (than eversolo ) audio by this way?

Thanks so so much for all the replies and guidance. Was on a tour, Sorry for late reply.

Is AvShack reliable for buying the Eversolo, as it is out of stock everywhere.
Inquire directly with the proprietor (pratham) regarding availability of stock before placing an order online
. What is the average price it is sold at in India?
Eversolo A6 = 73k - 88k
Eversolo A6 master edition - 88k - 121k
is it wise to go for Audiolab 7000n, as it has a superior dac than 6000a and I can use it via analog in to 6000a. Will i get better (than eversolo ) audio by this way?
If you want a solution that has both streamer n dac, you want the A6 master edition over the regular A6. It's only 15K more price wise but has a far superior DAC than the regular A6 with better detail retrieval, depth and tone - it's not even a comparison. The regular A6 has a brighter sharper tone without as much depth and nuance in notes. In sum and substance, the 15K difference is more than worth it.

Insofar as audiolab 7000n is concerned, I personally wouldn't pick anything that uses the Play-Fi module for streaming. Watch Darko's video on the 6000A Play.

After A/B testing (less than 1 second switching time) against a variety of digital sources and dedicated streamers such as Eversolo A8 (digital out to RME ADI-2 Dac FS), Allo Digione Signature, Apple TV, iPad, PC, I can confidently say that you If you want the best SQ<2L, nothing betters the Ifi Zen Stream.

Last edited:
Inquire directly with the proprietor (pratham) regarding availability of stock before placing an order online

Eversolo A6 = 73k - 88k

If you want a solution that has both streamer n dac, you want the A6 master edition over the regular A6. It's only 15K more price wise but has a far superior DAC than the regular A6 with better detail retrieval, depth and tone - it's not even a comparison. The regular A6 has a brighter sharper tone without as much depth and nuance in notes. In sum and substance, the 15K difference is more than worth it.

Insofar as audiolab 7000n is concerned, I personally wouldn't pick anything that uses the Play-Fi module for streaming. Watch Darko's video on the 6000A Play.

After A/B testing (less than 1 second switching time) against a variety of digital sources and dedicated streamers such as Eversolo A8 (digital out to RME ADI-2 Dac FS), Allo Digione Signature, Apple TV, iPad, PC, I can confidently say that you If you want the best SQ<2L, nothing betters the Ifi Zen Stream.
thanks so much, extremely grateful 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 for clearing out the confusuion

Eversolo A6 = 73k - 88k

Isn't iFi Audio - ZEN Stream glitchy . Few post here states they are unstable in some streaming platform. Do let us know your thoughts.

Isn't iFi Audio - ZEN Stream glitchy . Few post here states they are unstable in some streaming platform. Do let us know your thoughts.
First setup was a bit confusing but once you have it up and running, it functions fine and without dropouts, at least for spotify or while streaming Flacs from my PC. Negatives are that the GUI is rudimentary, lacks polish and is a bit slow and the settings can be confusing as well. It's not a great device to interface with and that's the only thing holding it back, else other streamers would have had it.

To sum up, You pay for convenience with other streamers but if you can live with the user interface, you'll get the same SQ as an Eversolo A8 - it's impossible to tell them apart, blind test or otherwise

If you want the least glitchy streaming source, the new Apple TV 4K at 14k is your best bet. It's got an excellent blend of usability and SQ. I'm routing my Apple TV to my Eversolo A8 through HDMI eARC and I'm simply stumped at how close it gets to playing Apple music natively on the Eversolo. The minor step down in SQ is well worth the convenience.

Last edited:

Is AvShack reliable for buying the Eversolo, as it is out of stock everywhere. What is the average price it is sold at in India?

Eversolo is available at soundfoundation. Pl check it out

Eversolo is available at soundfoundation. Pl check it out
The distributor of Eversolo in India is soundfoundations... Ali our fm @magma is the owner. He is expecting a shipment of the Master Edition A6 in early May . Please check and his pricing is very very competitive to say the least. And very genuine person to deal with ...

First setup was a bit confusing but once you have it up and running, it functions fine and without dropouts, at least for spotify or while streaming Flacs from my PC. Negatives are that the GUI is rudimentary, lacks polish and is a bit slow and the settings can be confusing as well. It's not a great device to interface with and that's the only thing holding it back, else other streamers would have had it.

To sum up, You pay for convenience with other streamers but if you can live with the user interface, you'll get the same SQ as an Eversolo A8 - it's impossible to tell them apart, blind test or otherwise

If you want the least glitchy streaming source, the new Apple TV 4K at 14k is your best bet. It's got an excellent blend of usability and SQ. I'm routing my Apple TV to my Eversolo A8 through HDMI eARC and I'm simply stumped at how close it gets to playing Apple music natively on the Eversolo. The minor step down in SQ is well worth the convenience.
Does Zen Stream come with an EQ? DId you get any chance to compare the Zen Stream against WiiM Pro pr Pro Plus? I read on some youtube comments that both are almost similar in SQ; WiiM is more balanced and Stream is a bit thin. What's your Opinion?

Does Zen Stream come with an EQ? DId you get any chance to compare the Zen Stream against WiiM Pro pr Pro Plus? I read on some youtube comments that both are almost similar in SQ; WiiM is more balanced and Stream is a bit thin. What's your Opinion?
Haven't heard any Wiim product yet so can't say. Also, never checked if Zen Stream has an EQ plugin since my RME has a PEQ.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back