EverSolo DMP-A6

amrutmhatre90

The much talked Streamer + DAC + PreAmp, Eversolo DMP A6 made its silent journey in India, I was lucky to secure one from VividHifi’s first batch of PreOrder. Shout out to him, for keeping me infromed and updating while it was on the way.

I already used a WiiM Pro and a Mini PC to fulfill my streaming and offline content needs.

Why did I upgrade from a WiiM Pro to EverSolo A6 the ?
  • Native DSD (I have tons of albums, which I couldn’t use with WiiM)
  • I have 2 IA’s : Audiolab 7000a and the R8 with same set of speakers, I could use EverSolo as a pure streamer with USB in Audiolab or Steamer cum DAC with Analog outs to R8.
  • Inbuilt SSD support or HDD via USB out, can attach my offline media directly.
Basically it was All-in-one box solution which sold me. Here are some pictures:

IMG_5777.jpeg

IMG_5770.jpegIMG_5632.jpegIMG_5602.jpeg
IMG_5605.jpeg

I was sceptical about the app experience, coming from WiiM products and the ease of use it provides is exceptional.

But I was really happy using the EverSolo Controller app, it is as good as WiiM and I think in some cases its better.
There is a way to Cast the streamer on the App itself, acts like you are operating streamer by touch screen. There is a hint of lag, but nothing alarming or bothersome.
After playing around with the app I found out few things which are really good.
  • Apple Music Native support, casting allows to use and controll the app.
  • OneDrive and Dropbox Support, I tried playing files from here with DSD and everything was smooth. No Lag or Stutter.
  • Since this is based on Android, sideloading is possible and one can install Plex, and other apps.
  • NAS was detected and we can save the path, which adds all music to my Library. This helps to navigate, play, favourite, even edit Album art on the fly.
I have been toying and listening music on this extensively, but will post about the sonic improvements or lack of in a weeks time. Some adviced me it will sound different onced burned in.
Who knows!

But so far I am loving this, if anyone of you got one do share your thoughts and opinions on this.

Here is a short video of the same:

Great review, so digital ouput can go into a seperate dac right?
Also Where'd you get your dsd library?
Can I connect my usb stick or hdd with dsd or flacs on it and control play from my phone?

How much did the device cost?

Last edited:
Thank you sir, Yes any dac you own.

Can I connect my usb stick or hdd with dsd or flacs on it and control play from my phone?
Yes, can be played from external HDD, internal SSD or NAS, they have a nice app.

It is steap price but 98k was the first pre order, don’t know now.

Yes, digital output goes to a separate DAC. I am using the Coax out.

Yes, you can connect USB stick, although I've not tried with HDD. You can control from your phone.

I have been using the EverSolo extensively for quite a few days, explored and used all the possible features.
  • Playing music from NAS
  • Added SSD
  • Added an external USB CD drive
Connecting NAS was easy, I knew my IP Address for the drive, straight away added and linked. Neat trick of the EverSolo has been that it keeps the paths cached and whenever you add new songs, you can update the new entries only. Saves a lot of time.

Adding 2TB NVMe SSD was a simple job, unscrew the panel beneath the streamer and attach. Formatting on first boot to exFat is preferred.
First thing I did was to start copying my Flac and DSD collection from NAS to the SSD. Whole process took around 14-15 hours o_O but it was around 1.5tb of data. Not once did the Eversolo DMP-A6 give me a problem during this process, unit was warm but nothing alarming. I was worried if overheating could cause the unit to shutdown, I was impressed by the performance.

IMG_6121.jpeg

I wanted to see how EverSolo would perform with CD's, I ordered a HP USB CD drive from Amazon which didn't break my bank. Connected to the Eversolo, and inserted a CD. It didn't only read the CD but also showed album art, from what I have read it will find the album data from the internet and saves it. Some CD's do not get this, for example: Mission Kashmir CD didn't have any info or album art.
CD ripper works as expected, didn't face any issue and saved the ripped files to SSD, then was able to transfer it to NAS from SSD. Whole experience is seamless.

Here is my simple CD transport
IMG_6247.jpeg

Was able to use Youtube using Airplay via iPhone:

IMG_6405.jpeg

Enjoying listening to music on this streamer and using its features which makes experince pleasing.

Last edited:
Some users have been asking me views on the EverSolo DMP-A6 as a one unit which does all duties,
Mainly how good is the pre amp section, just add a power amp and speakers and you are done.

I tried it with ACA monoblocks, and I was impressed by the sound how detailed it sounded. But it took away the warmth I was used to with the setup, sounded too lean for me.

Laptop/Android box > Topping e30 > Topping L30> ACA Monoblocks> SoundArtist LS3/5A earlier
vs
Eversolo DMP A6> ACA Monoblocks> SoundArtist LS3/5A

I was particularly able to answer @sreejithsreedharan as we have kind of similar setups, he owns a Audiolab 6000a with a 8300xp power amp with WiiM Mini now and speakers are Lintons.

I too have Lintons with 7000a, what I did was to hook RCA's from EverSolo DMP-A6 to 7000a in power amp mode. (Audiolab IA's can be used as pre,power or IA)

Played a few sounds and it sounded good, it was not lean sounding as I thought it would be. But was better than I expected, I would say 10-20% difference in sound signature.
Few things I noticed right off, Eversolo was not as smooth as Audiolab but very detailed and punchy and slightly less depth and separation.
But, the bass and low end was slightly higher with EverSolo.

Again, this was Audiolab 7000a with its DAC vs Eversolo as Pre amp + its DAC, both use almost the same chipset 9038Q2M.
But the implementation separates both of them, EverSolo uses 1 chip for each channel making it 2 vs Audiolab with 1 chip.
The implementation is what separates both DACs, and one cannot go wrong with either one of it.

I must say one can be happy with it using as a pre amp with all functions, but it lacks a remote. Volume can be controlled by app.

Some users have been asking me views on the EverSolo DMP-A6 as a one unit which does all duties,
Mainly how good is the pre amp section, just add a power amp and speakers and you are done.

I tried it with ACA monoblocks, and I was impressed by the sound how detailed it sounded. But it took away the warmth I was used to with the setup, sounded too lean for me.

Laptop/Android box > Topping e30 > Topping L30> ACA Monoblocks> SoundArtist LS3/5A earlier
vs
Eversolo DMP A6> ACA Monoblocks> SoundArtist LS3/5A

I was particularly able to answer @sreejithsreedharan as we have kind of similar setups, he owns a Audiolab 6000a with a 8300xp power amp with WiiM Mini now and speakers are Lintons.

I too have Lintons with 7000a, what I did was to hook RCA's from EverSolo DMP-A6 to 7000a in power amp mode. (Audiolab IA's can be used as pre,power or IA)

Played a few sounds and it sounded good, it was not lean sounding as I thought it would be. But was better than I expected, I would say 10-20% difference in sound signature.
Few things I noticed right off, Eversolo was not as smooth as Audiolab but very detailed and punchy and slightly less depth and separation.
But, the bass and low end was slightly higher with EverSolo.

Again, this was Audiolab 7000a with its DAC vs Eversolo as Pre amp + its DAC, both use almost the same chipset 9038Q2M.
But the implementation separates both of them, EverSolo uses 1 chip for each channel making it 2 vs Audiolab with 1 chip.
The implementation is what separates both DACs, and one cannot go wrong with either one of it.

I must say one can be happy with it using as a pre amp with all functions, but it lacks a remote. Volume can be controlled by app.
Thank you Amrut, for the detailed feedback.

Regards,
Sreejith

Hi, Are you able to view your NAS files in folder view in the Library? I get a genres view which is not very helpful to me. I would like to see a folder view. Also if I try and view the SMB folders from the phone app, it just sits there and i do not see anything. Thank you for your help.

Hi, Are you able to view your NAS files in folder view in the Library? I get a genres view which is not very helpful to me. I would like to see a folder view. Also if I try and view the SMB folders from the phone app, it just sits there and i do not see anything. Thank you for your help.
PM me your number will debug on what's app

So sorry I was traveling and missed your message. Thank you. Will pm you. I thought I figured it out. I can access folders through SMB but not through the Libra. I think the current firmware does not allow it. Thank you again

Thank you sir, Yes any dac you own.

Yes, can be played from external HDD, internal SSD or NAS, they have a nice app.

It is steap price but 98k was the first pre order, don’t know now.
Prices have dropped a bit for both versions ( Standard and Master edition s). I got mine from a recommendation on the forum ( Abdul Razzak).

Prices have dropped a bit for both versions ( Standard and Master edition s). I got mine from a recommendation on the forum ( Abdul Razzak).
Oh is it? What are the current prices it is being offered for?

MaSh

Hi @amrutmhatre90 - quick question on this. Is it possible to download music to an internal harddrive on the DMP A6?

For example Spotify playlists/apple music playlists for offline playback?

Hi @amrutmhatre90 - quick question on this. Is it possible to download music to an internal harddrive on the DMP A6?

For example Spotify playlists/apple music playlists for offline playback?

Apple music playlists can be downloaded for offline playback, couldn't test spotify.
Since it is Android APK, I think you would be able to download.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back