Every action has multiple reactions

sachin_k5

Hi all,

My friend has a sony receiver, a sony dvd player and another sony dvd player which he uses only for music.

The problem we are facing is if we use the remote for any desired action from one equipment, all of them react. If i switch on the reciever then all three come alive :lol: :lol: same with eject, both the dvd players will open their trays :lol: :lol:

Please help. Is there a way to make the players listen only their respective remotes ?

Hi all,

My friend has a sony receiver, a sony dvd player and another sony dvd player which he uses only for music.

The problem we are facing is if we use the remote for any desired action from one equipment, all of them react. If i switch on the reciever then all three come alive :lol: :lol: same with eject, both the dvd players will open their trays :lol: :lol:

Please help. Is there a way to make the players listen only their respective remotes ?

hi sachin_k5,

i have thought of a way - a solution to this vexing problem -

you will have to procure 3 solenoid actuators (these are found in washing machines and the smaller ones are found in Aquaguard water purifiers - the ones that work on AC are preferable to those that work on DC).

mount these solenoid actuators on the front face of those three components and attach a small plastic cap to the actuator so that it forms a shutter and closes the infra-red receiver of the component when inactive-

when activated the shutter should be pulled up by the solenoid valve and when this happens- the infra-red receiver will be exposed to the command from the remote-

each solenoid actuator should be activated by a remote 0n/off switch (easily available these days)-

now attach the remotes of the solenoid actuators around the main remote and label them so the user is aware which remote actuates what -

it now becomes a simple matter to open the shutter of a particular component (say, the music sony DVD) and use the main remote to play/pause/eject -

without exciting the other components out of their slumber.

hope this helps.

regds

Last edited:
hi sachin_k5,

i have thought of a way - a solution to this vexing problem -

you will have to procure 3 solenoid actuators (these are found in washing machines and the smaller ones are found in Aquaguard water purifiers - the ones that work on AC are preferable to those that work on DC).

mount these solenoid actuators on the front face of those three components and attach a small plastic cap to the actuator so that it forms a shutter and closes the infra-red receiver of the component when inactive-

when activated the shutter should be pulled up by the solenoid valve and when this happens- the infra-red receiver will be exposed to the command from the remote-

each solenoid actuator should be activated by a remote 0n/off switch (easily available these days)-

now attach the remotes of the solenoid actuators around the main remote and label them so the user is aware which remote actuates what -

it now becomes a simple matter to open the shutter of a particular component (say, the music sony DVD) and use the main remote to play/pause/eject -

without exciting the other components out of their slumber.

hope this helps.

regds

Suri, This won't work (assuming some innocent folks follow your solutions :rolleyes:) since the Sony remotes are powerful enough to bounce the signals from the walls to make it to the infra receiver at an angle. This is one thing I like about Sony remotes. Works no matter where its pointed.

I am thankful my friend's LCD tv is a LG and not a Sony. It would have been a laugh riot :lol: sometimes brand loyalty is not a good thing huh !

Last edited:
No solutions but I've experienced this as well, the Sony remotes are interchangable and work at any angle!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back