Experience of passive pre ampliifer

CLEARCUT

I am using ss pre amp with tone controls and also with out and also having the same in tube pre. But no idea about passive pre. While going through the net finds extraordinary performance by the audiophile friends pl help me i use only marantz cd 17 and cd 63 mkii ki sig cdp and cyrus cd7 pl help me with your suggestions thanks

Some mil grade switches are there 24pos2pole..
NOS,bulky ... may be by feb i will do one passive pre.

Pardon my ignorance, was trying to follow your conversation about a passive pre-processor I guess, but couldn't make out anything so far :sad: Could we have the updates in non-audiophile language pls?

One question though - a pre is supposed to do the DACn, isn't it? If it is a passive one, does it mean it will not do the DACn?

Pardon my ignorance, was trying to follow your conversation about a passive pre-processor I guess, but couldn't make out anything so far :sad: Could we have the updates in non-audiophile language pls?

One question though - a pre is supposed to do the DACn, isn't it? If it is a passive one, does it mean it will not do the DACn?

This is too greek for me?

Simple english please for all conversation?:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

i used to hear through cdp, pre, power amp combo got it ok?. going through the internet the passive preamplifier is too good than hearing through the preamplifier which is coloured and electrically disturbed.In the case of passive preamp sound is transparent and detail and natural. what precaution they suggest is matching the cdp and passive pre with power amplifier is must. any body can suggest their experience

Last edited:
I had a very brief experience with a Passive Pre , sounded very natural Soundstage was excellent. The sound was very different, I dont know how to express that. I liked the sound what I heard but the pre was very expensive not in my budget.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back