Experience with Dali Zensor series

bhavin.patel

Hi Friends,

I did auditioned Dali Zensor 3 & 5 series at Noida today. Below are the point that I would like to share:

1. In case of both auditions, speakers were paired with AVR (Denon 1100) as I was interested in 5.1 setup and don't have any plans of buying separates for Stereo.
2. We watched movies clips from Quantum of Solace and it was pretty good to watch and hear. Though it was not like "Woowww".
2. Later on he switched to Hindi songs (classical, Gazals and some on latest hits). By this time I was able to pickup clarity of tunes from Zensor 5. I liked it but was still expecting more from it. (I have normal ears and don't have capacity of pointing down errors in music notes as audiophiles)
3. The gentleman at showroom then switched Zensor 5 (FS) with Zensor 3 (BS) and this time I just had smile on my face listening to same songs on these BS.
4. Both speakers were able to create good sound image. They were not at all boomy at any sequence of time and had very clear vocals from them.

In audition of both speakers for audio we have disconnected subwoofer to understand sound signature of these speakers.

Now I require advice that why did these BS made good impact on my ear more than FS. Is it coz of driver size? or the way speakers were place aiming our ears?

My wife voted for Zensor 5 and I was happy with Zensor 3. They are having difference of 20K and surely this amount can be used to buy better Sub in future.

I still need to audition Wharfedale, MA and may be going for re-auditions of PSB. I also might go back on next weekend to audition Dali with my own collections of songs.

BR//
B Patel

Hi

The bs vs fs question has a nice answer here on hfv

this means if bass and higher volume capability are of prime importance, a floorstanding speaker will have the advantage; whereas, if accuracy, imaging and flexibility of placement turn your key, then a book-shelf speaker will likely be the more attractive choice.​

I knew I wanted the accuracy and imaging but opted for bass (the high volume is of no significance to me)

Then I found that it sounded different in my room (I am not discounting the value of auditions at dealers, it does tell you if you do or not take to the speakers, just that it tells you nothing of the how or if they will in your rig in your room)

If it is accuracy and imaging you are interested and auditioning the PSB it is useful to quote this

If you are particular about soundstage then every other brand will dissapoint you in this price range except PSB

I am not unhappy with the Z5, but sometimes I find myself thinking maybe I should have auditioned those too.

If I were doing it again .....:rolleyes:

ciao
gr

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back