Expressions of interest for buying transformers for diy amp ref Linuxguru's thread

GeorgeO

Folks

I plan to email and ask for quotes from Delta and Miracle( specs already posted today for the tranys by Linuxguru on his thread) after aggregating the expressions of interest, on this thread. I'm trusting of course, that this thread doesnt invite capital punishment from the moderators..

Please indicate interest, I will then add up the numbers and after I hear from both vendors will post pricing, and any other terms that they specify.

Cheers

George

Re: Expressions of interest for buying transformers for diy amp ref Linuxguru's threa

I'm trusting of course, that this thread doesnt invite capital punishment from the moderators..

For what? For being such a nice guy and having really good gentlemanly behaviour? :)

Re: Expressions of interest for buying transformers for diy amp ref Linuxguru's threa

Thanks GeorgeO for opening this thread , can you let us know the approximate prices.

Thanks GeorgeO for opening this thread , can you let us know the approximate prices.

the answer would be a classical paradoxical one like chicken & egg.

The Price would depend on the numbers and the numbers would depend on price.

George, I might be interested in 2. Possibly 4. Having said that, after the prices arrive, it may prove to be too expensive after adding up the shipping costs so it may be cheaper to procure locally. Maybe. We shall see.

George, I might be interested in 2. Possibly 4. Having said that, after the prices arrive, it may prove to be too expensive after adding up the shipping costs so it may be cheaper to procure locally. Maybe. We shall see.

Keith,

Will the torrodial config be the same if two are used (one each for a channel) ?

Will the torrodial config be the same if two are used (one each for a channel) ?

You can go with a lower-power (say 125-160 VA) toroidal if you use one for each channel. Apart from that, it's the same - just make sure that you get one with 2 identical secondaries, like those from Miracle.

Ok, so now that we have the info fairly clearly from linuxguru, please express interest..

Hi Siva,

I was under impression that we need two trafos of the said rating if we were to opt for dual mono configuration. Can we not use a single trafo of double or close to double rating to reduce the costs?

Rgds

Rajesh

I was under impression that we need two trafos of the said rating if we were to opt for dual mono configuration. Can we not use a single trafo of double or close to double rating to reduce the costs?

A single trafo is sufficient as long as it has a V-0-V secondary, or two V/2-V/2 secondaries. You'll probably save a little bit when using a single transformer of twice the VA rating.

Thanks George for the offer. I would like the transfo for a dual unit. The two in one makes sense.

Cheers,

gopi

+1 i would like to take one transformer for the dual unit too

George, I'll take one transformer which will power 2 monos.

Hi George,

I would like to go for one transformer which powers two monos.

Thanks,
Hemanth.

count me as a tentative buyer... I will decide later this week, One Trafo pref the 30050 model.

Cheers

Delta Transformers can only quote for R Core transformers, will post Miracle's quote after I get it.:

300VA - Rs.3600.00 per pc.
150VA - Rs.2200.00 per pc.

with EM/ES shields.
VAT -12.5% extra and freight extra as actual.

Delta Transformers can only quote for R Core transformers, will post Miracle's quote after I get it.:

300VA - Rs.3600.00 per pc.
150VA - Rs.2200.00 per pc.

with EM/ES shields.
VAT -12.5% extra and freight extra as actual.

I want R-Core :clapping: I am in for this one ...

Do they have CE/UL certification?

Cheers

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back