External SSD for Nvidia Shield TV PRO 2019

Rajkumars

Which one is the Best External SSD for Nvidia Shield TV PRO 2019?

I am looking for a 500GB SSD

I have done a lot of research in this area. The two best SSDs are Samsung and Crucial's MX series. Either of these will work very well.

Tried Samsung T7/T5 with shield ?
I am not sure what is inside the T5 and T7, but it will not be the latest EVO series. Samsung EVOs have 40% of the market.

The T series will, most probably, be Samsung's older SSD's in a box. You can get a external box for under 500 and save somewhere around 2500 for a 500gb.

Cheers.

I am not sure what is inside the T5 and T7, but it will not be the latest EVO series. Samsung EVOs have 40% of the market.

The T series will, most probably, be Samsung's older SSD's in a box. You can get a external box for under 500 and save somewhere around 2500 for a 500gb.

Cheers.
You can get a external box for under 500

What does it mean?

Which one is the Best External SSD for Nvidia Shield TV PRO 2019?

I am looking for a 500GB SSD
Why SSD? SSD doesn't offer any benefits over HDD for AV applications like storing Movies/Music. I would rather spend that extra cash buying an HDD with a larger size. Moreover, if you plan to use them 24*7, an external SSD is probably a bad idea considering they tend to get super hot (at least it's happing with my T7).

You can’t mount a normal spinning hdd as internal storage , sheild will complain it’s not fast enough. SSD works without any issues.

Why SSD? SSD doesn't offer any benefits over HDD for AV applications like storing Movies/Music. I would rather spend that extra cash buying an HDD with a larger size. Moreover, if you plan to use them 24*7, an external SSD is probably a bad idea considering they tend to get super hot (at least it's happing with my T7).
Thanks. I got the Crucial X6 and WD Elements Portable SSDs, and in both cases, they got pretty hot when I accidentally left the Nvidia on overnight. They did not die or get damaged, but this did scare me.

Now I am wondering if I should get a hard disk that is built more rugged and with an external power supply (such as the one in the links below).

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back