F & D Home theater : 5.1 sound effect not working

dvchudasama

Dear Sir,

I have buy F-3000F in Oct-2015, now I have installed HD RF D2H, there is option of pro logic soung in home theater, all speaker have same voice in place of 5.1 sound effect, I have tried with all type of input format i.e. like MKV file, Full HD movie with 5.1 sound, HD channel of D2H set top box but all sounds are same i.e just play like amplifier. I have videocon D2H model V7000HDW, when I change audio in HD channel from normal to 5.1 audio then sound becomes mute.

Kindly help me to solve both issue, I have to enjoye 5.1 sound with home theater. my email id : [email protected]

Dear Sir,

I have buy F-3000F in Oct-2015, now I have installed HD RF D2H, there is option of pro logic soung in home theater, all speaker have same voice in place of 5.1 sound effect, I have tried with all type of input format i.e. like MKV file, Full HD movie with 5.1 sound, HD channel of D2H set top box but all sounds are same i.e just play like amplifier. I have videocon D2H model V7000HDW, when I change audio in HD channel from normal to 5.1 audio then sound becomes mute.

Kindly help me to solve both issue, I have to enjoye 5.1 sound with home theater. my email id : [email protected]

How have you connected it? Can you post a pic of the rear panel with your input connected?

MaSh

What s your source to play movies? Laptop or PC? You may have to configure the sound output to surround.

Sir I connected D2H HD set top box
Where do you connect your speakers in settop box? If it's a stereo/ headphone out, then it's just 2 channel which gets upconverted to 5.1.
For true surround from your set top box, you would need analog 5.1 outputs (for your multimedia speaker) which none of the settop box provides.
You don't hear when you switch to 5.1 because audio might be directed to optical/hdmi.

How have you connected it? Can you post a pic of the rear panel with your input connected?

MaSh

Please

MaSh

MaSh
I don't think this model has 5.1 analog out. Try connecting coaxial or optical (at least it should have one) to your DTH.

My D2H set top box has one HDMI port and 3.5 mm audio jack only... And home theater has aux, and DVD 5.1 audio input

The question is How are you connecting? Does the set top box have a 5.1 analog out? The speaker had no decoder inside. You need to feed individual channel signal to it.

MaSh
Yes you are right, may be speaker has no decoder inside.. but it has pro sound facility without sound effects ...now what should I do...

Yes you are right, may be speaker has no decoder inside.. but it has pro sound facility without sound effects ...now what should I do...

You need to give it each individual channel like front right, left, center, rear left and right separately. Then the speaker will proper effect. Otherwise its just a parallel stereo. 3.5mm out is just a stereo.

If your source has a Digital out like Optical or Coaxial, you can use something like below to use with your speakers.

You could also check out this one for a slightly better setup. It has HDMI IN and HDMI OUT along with all channel analog out. Analog Out goes to your speaker and HDMI out goes to your TV.

MaSh

Dear Friends

Also tell me it is worth to modify home theater with branded pro logic circuit board or shall I fitt new prologic II audio decoder in place of current circuit board.. ? you exper advise highly required.

Thank in advance for your valuable advise.

Sir I have posted pics , kindly help
Check the second link in my last update. The hdmi input and output one.

MaSh

Like Mash mentioned, this should be your setup after purchasing converter.

1) DTH HDMI --> Converter HDMI (IN)
2) Converter HDMI (Out) --> TV HDMI (IN)
3) Converter (5.1) --> HT 5.1 (You need 6 cables)

Hope I am correct and clear

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back