Fabric on Anutone?

htseeker

Hi there-
We recently renovated our home and we now have a dedicated HT room. However, there is a small hitch, the anutone panels were fixed on the walls but since the renovation was in process, I wasnt able to cover the panels with fabric (which ideally should have been done). I wanted to know what is the best way to cover the panels now? Which fabric can I use in terms of sound absorbtion qualities and aesthetics?

Thanks in advance

Check with the agency who fixed your panels. They have a set of fabric that is best for sound absorption. Anutone themselves offer fabrics of various kind and colors.

Cheers

I have used the fabric which is used in sports shoes, please have a look at the holed fabric around shoe lace or can be seen in inner compartments of lap top bags or ladies purses etc. You can get at least a dozen colors to choose.

You can see the close up shots of fabric in photos as per my signature.

V.

Hi there-
We recently renovated our home and we now have a dedicated HT room. However, there is a small hitch, the anutone panels were fixed on the walls but since the renovation was in process, I wasnt able to cover the panels with fabric (which ideally should have been done). I wanted to know what is the best way to cover the panels now? Which fabric can I use in terms of sound absorbtion qualities and aesthetics?

Thanks in advance

Congratulations on getting a dedicated HT. :clapping:

I am in the process of acoustically treating my media room and would appreciate if you could share the details of the panels used and the cost associated.

Thanks in advance.

I bought fabric from a shop on Dickenson Road-its on the second floor very near to Malabar Gold. I framed the Anutone board in MDF and then pulled the fabric over it using a layer of pu foam between the fabric and the board.

You may select open cell type fabric , ideally not polyester but cotton , jute , silk ,linen , etc. One way to check is to put the cloth on your lips/mouth and blow air , compare few cloths this way and you will feel air to pass through with lesser or higher resistance. One with lesser or least resistance is preferred .
You may try for curtain fabrics , not the heavy one , but one used as a screen curtain behind the thick curtain ( facing the glass window side , not facing the inside of room ) . I hope I am clear .

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back