fame-lido, cheating 3d with2d and the fun part of it

kaushik

yesterday was t fame lido, among saturday crowd that paid 300 odd to enjoy
"spiderman 3D"

It was like shock when i waited waited and figured out the cinema hall people making joke of the viewers by playing 2d silently .

:lol: most of the '3d' glass wearing league of ext.genlemen /women/gentle never complained;)

I saw the same movie in IMAX, Mani Square Kolkata last friday. Paid 280 each for me and my wife. 3D was poor to say the least and as per my wife the movie could be watched in most of the places without the glasses (no ghosting effect like in a normal 3D movie without glasses). However with the specs on I could see a 3D effect mostly in terms of depth had seen better 3D in n IMAX like how to train yor dragon. Only a few places had good 3D effect like in the spider full room in the lab or towards the end action scenes. The brightness of the shots were very low making it at some places difficult to concentrate.

Overall movie was not good with first half very slow. I woukd never recommend this movie to anyone if they want to spend so much in cinema halls. A candidate casual for home viewing at the most.

The issue is not with well respected hollywood studios ,

our cinema halls are making fool of people , the 3d bulb or whatever is expensive ,it has some limited hours at proper contrast ,so they keep at half of recommended intensity. This results in high eye strain of all viewers .I wonder who will regulate these ?

yes movie was not that well made as per as action sequences that are normally there in other sequels

Well, I watched it at Cinepolis which in my opinion has the best 3D screens in Bangalore, but still came out underwhelmed by the 3D experience in SpiderMan. The is not much use of any pop-out effects and most depth effects are also very subtle. So it could be with the movie as well. Probably added 3D tag to get in more crowd in at higher ticket prices.

Last edited:
Watched this movie in PVR Koramangala, s**t is all I can say about the 3D experience, if glasses are put on it is so dim it is unwatchable, hence i watched the whole movie without it

other people were watching it with glasses on, wonder how they could watch it when it is so dim?

me too watched the movie at cinepoils bangalore. found that the movie can be viewed with out the glasses at most of the places. that means its in 3d in very few places. thankfully i payed only 100 for the ticket.

I had same experience for Titanic and Spiderman .. I think only 100 % animated movies like ICE age , Madagascar gives real 3D experience ... Only exception was AVATAR(Which was Awesome)...

I too agree. 3D qualities are not good in many films. Another awful 3D experience was Clash of the Titans.

I found avengers good in 3D experience, but exceptionally good were Ice Age 3, Madagascar, Avatar. Avatar at Imax Wadala, Mumbai was amazing.

I had same experience for Titanic and Spiderman .. I think only 100 % animated movies like ICE age , Madagascar gives real 3D experience ... Only exception was AVATAR(Which was Awesome)...

And the last Tranformers was also good in terms of 3D effects.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back