Feedback and experience Vivitek India/Amazon/Borderlinx

talespin

Hi,

Just sharing my experience.

There are some dealers in India that charge you many time the price of product in US, i agree warranty is to be considered but just continue reading

I was interested in DLP projectors, like Vivitek H5085. In India i got a quote of around 3-4 lakh last year.
I got it for 1.3 Lakh (H5085 USD $2000 + shipping + custom duty), warranty only 1 year. I dont think 1 year warranty is worth 2 time the cost of product :D. That forces us to buy things from US.

1. I used Borderlinx, it is costly but very reliable. never lost any shipment from a US Plug to Projector, used them many times. Also shipment is insured. Though i have read few negative comments as well.

2. I have used Amazon, two time my shipment never reached me but Amazon refunded me for that(had to take up the matter with them twice). The problem is sometimes they use shippers where no tracking information is available(less reliable). I would still recommend Amazon, now its getting into Indian market which is even better. Hopefully in future we can expect open box items for sale. You can always buy from Amazon with confidence.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back