Feedback on LG OLED 5 Years Assurance

msankadi

Hi

I was just looking for some oled tvs on the croma website and I found that there is an LG offer being displayed which says 5 years assurance.

I am not sure if this is trustworthy and the description is a bit misleading. It says 2 years extra warranty but the name is 5 years assurance.

Any experience with the same?

Actually it is like this. There is a 2 year additional warranty given with the tv. So it takes the warranty upto 3 yrs and an optional 2 year warranty (by LG) is being sold at 3s 18 k for 55inch and 26k for 65inch which takes the warranty upto 5 yrs

Does it cover burning issue? "Image sticking/ image retention in panel/ breakages in panel module is not covered under this extended warranty" as stated in the warranty. I think image sticking/ image retention in panel is the burn in issue. If that is not covered what is the point of extended warranty.

Except breakage everything is covered as per the LG representative but need to double check.

Except breakage everything is covered as per the LG representative but need to double check.
Wow does that mean burn in is covered? If yes that is huge right? How can we double check?

Also Croma has just written 5 year assurance directly on the product website.. Does it mean it is included without any extra cost?

I just wished the online prices of these tvs matched the offline shops.. I hate offline shopping and going to the stores, talking to tech neophyte salesmen blabbering without knowing anything.. But the price difference from what I have seen is huge, i guess i will need to go down that offline rabbit hole eventually

Wow does that mean burn in is covered? If yes that is huge right? How can we double check?
To the best of my knowledge, 'Burn-In' is not covered under warranty. However, people have reported that LG did a one-time courtesy screen replacement of Panels affected by 'Burn-In'.

To the best of my knowledge, 'Burn-In' is not covered under warranty. However, people have reported that LG did a one-time courtesy screen replacement of Panels affected by 'Burn-In'.
Is that in India? Do you remember if people reported it on hifivision or you heard from somewhere else?

Well the representative did say that it is covered and that whole set will be replaced since these are not repaired.

Is that in India? Do you remember if people reported it on hifivision or you heard from somewhere else?
I remember one or two members from Hifivision did get the replacement from LG. Look at the old threads and you should be able to grab the details.

I got a replacement post warranty too, they made me sign up for a 2 year extended warranty program but replaced the panel for free.
Wow that is awesome,thanks for sharing your experience :) All of a sudden I have a very warm feeling....Now thinking should I wait till Diwali to get a good price and save 20-30k or pull the plug now...

Is your 2nd panel still working? How did the first panel fail? Any best practices you didnt follow that caused a burn in?

Do deals on expensive tvs come every diwali?

Wow that is awesome,thanks for sharing your experience :) All of a sudden I have a very warm feeling....Now thinking should I wait till Diwali to get a good price and save 20-30k or pull the plug now...

Is your 2nd panel still working? How did the first panel fail? Any best practices you didnt follow that caused a burn in?

Do deals on expensive tvs come every diwali?

They took the 2nd panel obviously :) , the panel did not fail but rather had a green image in the center. I did not follow any best practises but neither were they subjected to logos and so forth so not sure where I went wrong, but mine was a C7 which is a 4 gen old product and they have apparently done much better to avoid any such issues in the newer iterations

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back