Feedback on Marantz SR5023

Amphifi

Hi ,
I'm new to this great community and aspire to learn a lot from the immense IP this group generates and contributes.
As a beginner, I want to get a decent stereo setup as I believe movies and pure audio are two different worlds. Recently I got to know some one who would like to part with their Marantz SR 5023 stereo amp (for 23k). There's not much reviews on YT that I could find on this one. So would like to seek some feedback if anyone owns one or is it's performance worth the price. Also what decent stereo setup can I get for a INR 100k budget - Amp and floorstanders. I'm from Bangalore. Thanks In advance.

Attachments

• IMG-20210703-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20210703-WA0012.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 16
This is a very old model it seems. Getting service or spares would be challenging.

I suggest to check other models / brands before investing. It seems to have really good muscle of power 80 + 80 Watts RMS 8 ohms.

The updated version of this model is supposedly the NR1200.

There are other Stereo Stand alone models, all depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of speakers you have in mind.

Marantz is known for Music performance and you definitely cant go wrong.

Visit Hiif Mart for some good deals for a stereo setup, you can engage with Mr Anil who can also work a better deal.

There are some deals being listed over Telegram...you should check those too.

Recently I got to know some one who would like to part with their Marantz SR 5023 stereo amp (for 23k).
Who ever is trying to sell you this amp is taking advantage over your lack of knowledge. For an amp that is 12 years old as a model, don't pay over Rs. 5000. Even this is too much. I'd skip if I were in your place.

At that sort of money, you can get a brand new PM5005. I would not bother for the lack of a radio.

Hi ,
I'm new to this great community and aspire to learn a lot from the immense IP this group generates and contributes.
As a beginner, I want to get a decent stereo setup as I believe movies and pure audio are two different worlds. Recently I got to know some one who would like to part with their Marantz SR 5023 stereo amp (for 23k). There's not much reviews on YT that I could find on this one. So would like to seek some feedback if anyone owns one or is it's performance worth the price. Also what decent stereo setup can I get for a INR 100k budget - Amp and floorstanders. I'm from Bangalore. Thanks In advance.
Contact Amit from Indiqaudio and get a demo, they even have facility of home demo in Bangalore, you will be much satisfied I am sure.

Contact Amit from Indiqaudio and get a demo, they even have facility of home demo in Bangalore, you will be much satisfied I am sure.
+1 @Amphifi, get Amit's phone # from their website and talk to him. I own their products and are worth every penny I spent. The other thing I like about them is that they spent considerable time understanding your needs and only then suggest the best product either from their line up or other brands. To one of my friend they did not suggest any of their products because they felt that my friend's use case was bit peculiar and he might not be happy with their products. A very genuine and straight forward person

Contact Amit from Indiqaudio and get a demo, they even have facility of home demo in Bangalore, you will be much satisfied I
This is a very old model it seems. Getting service or spares would be challenging.

I suggest to check other models / brands before investing. It seems to have really good muscle of power 80 + 80 Watts RMS 8 ohms.

The updated version of this model is supposedly the NR1200.

There are other Stereo Stand alone models, all depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of speakers you have in mind.

Marantz is known for Music performance and you definitely cant go wrong.

Visit Hiif Mart for some good deals for a stereo setup, you can engage with Mr Anil who can also work a better deal.

There are some deals being listed over Telegram...you should check those too.
@efernand1 , thanks for feedback and suggestions. Yes, I too had the same concerns on spares as its an old model, though has good power. Will surely keep looking for better options. From the responses I got, it is clear Indiqaudio comes highly recommended from many. I will try for an audition. If lucky maybe benefit from the next group buy. Thanks

+1 @Amphifi, get Amit's phone # from their website and talk to him. I own their products and are worth every penny I spent. The other thing I like about them is that they spent considerable time understanding your needs and only then suggest the best product either from their line up or other brands. To one of my friend they did not suggest any of their products because they felt that my friend's use case was bit peculiar and he might not be happy with their products. A very genuine and straight forward person
Thanks @Pratyush J , thanks for feedback and suggestions. especially if it comes from the user itself and its nice to know of the customer centric approach of the seller, what we don't see often. I will try for an audition. If lucky maybe benefit from the next group buy. Thanks

Who ever is trying to sell you this amp is taking advantage over your lack of knowledge. For an amp that is 12 years old as a model, don't pay over Rs. 5000. Even this is too much. I'd skip if I were in your place.

At that sort of money, you can get a brand new PM5005. I would not bother for the lack of a radio.
Thanks @sandeepmohan for that valuable feedback. Yes, it was an old model and there are new entry level ones at the same price offered which will come with warranty . So does not make sense to go for this old one. Thanks

Thanks @manav24 for your feedback. From the responses I got, it is clear Indiqaudio comes highly recommended from many. I will try for an audition. If lucky maybe benefit from the next group buy. Thanks

Visit Bangalore based manufacturer Indiqaudio. Indiqaudio's Saptak Gold(Amplifier) and Gold Achal Floorstanders may come in your budget.
Thanks @KNRAMU for feedback and suggestions. From the responses I got, it is clear Indiqaudio comes highly recommended from many. I will try for an audition. If lucky maybe benefit from the next group buy. Thanks

@Amphifi , since the group buy got concluded recently, you can talk to Amit and check if he can extend group buy discount to you, provided your audition goes well, which I am sure will.

Hi @Pratyush J , what was the group price the team got on the platinum towers and int amp from Amit ? I wanted a reference point before I talk to the seller.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back