Feedback on Panasonic A/C

sunilkm

Hi,

Planning to install A/C in bedroom. It is in 2nd floor of the appartment and there is 3rd floor above my apt. Not much direct sun light as the window is on south wall. Also have blackout curtains on windows. So need some suggestions on deciding the capacity and models. The size of the room is 12.8ft x 11ft ( 141 Sqft ). But on one wall there is wardrobe which is from floor to ceiling ( floor area 15 sqft ). So for the A/C tonage calculation I have deducted this from 141sqft. So effective open space is 126sqft. Is this the correct or should i consider 141sqft for the tonnage?. What would be the tonnage needed? The sales person told 1 Ton for 120sqft is fine. Will it be better if I go for 1.5T capacity?

After going through some older posts shortlisted Daikin and Panasonic models.
Went to the nearby showroom and sales person showed the 2019 panasonic model which has Nano-e air purification and ag filter. He told in bangalore A/C usage is limited to mainly summer months and then unused/minimal use rest of the year. Since this model is with in built air purification in nano-e mode, it can be used throughout the year in case only air purification is needed.

This was the model on display ( Inverter 3 star rated, 1 Ton ) (

Daikin model with similar features are only in 5 star inverter and the price is higher than panasonic. Daikin offers 5 yrs and panasonic 10 yrs warranty on compressor. Considering all these factors I am more inclined to Panasonic models. I am open to other brands also within 45k budget.

Please provide some feedback if anyone uses similar panasonic models. ( Reliability, Noise level, Power consumption , Effectiveness of nano-e and purification technology etc ).

I have been using a Panasonic 1.25T ac for around 8 years now. It is the Square internal unit type. The cooling is quick and never faced any issues with it so far. This compared to the Voltas in my parent's house which needs regular cleaning and maintenance.

MaSh

Hi,

Planning to install A/C in bedroom. It is in 2nd floor of the appartment and there is 3rd floor above my apt. Not much direct sun light as the window is on south wall. Also have blackout curtains on windows. So need some suggestions on deciding the capacity and models. The size of the room is 12.8ft x 11ft ( 141 Sqft ). But on one wall there is wardrobe which is from floor to ceiling ( floor area 15 sqft ). So for the A/C tonage calculation I have deducted this from 141sqft. So effective open space is 126sqft. Is this the correct or should i consider 141sqft for the tonnage?. What would be the tonnage needed? The sales person told 1 Ton for 120sqft is fine. Will it be better if I go for 1.5T capacity?

After going through some older posts shortlisted Daikin and Panasonic models.
Went to the nearby showroom and sales person showed the 2019 panasonic model which has Nano-e air purification and ag filter. He told in bangalore A/C usage is limited to mainly summer months and then unused/minimal use rest of the year. Since this model is with in built air purification in nano-e mode, it can be used throughout the year in case only air purification is needed.

This was the model on display ( Inverter 3 star rated, 1 Ton ) (

Daikin model with similar features are only in 5 star inverter and the price is higher than panasonic. Daikin offers 5 yrs and panasonic 10 yrs warranty on compressor. Considering all these factors I am more inclined to Panasonic models. I am open to other brands also within 45k budget.

Please provide some feedback if anyone uses similar panasonic models. ( Reliability, Noise level, Power consumption , Effectiveness of nano-e and purification technology etc ).

Look at Lloyd models...these come with proper Copper Coils......works like a charm.....hardly requires maintenance........1 ton should be fine....after the tsunami....weather conditions change and anything can happen....so if i were you......I would get a 1.25 or 1.5

Update: My initial plan was to have 1 A/C in the master bed room. But ended up buying 1 more for living cum dining room ( ~ 260Sgft ) during the weekend. Have checked for the option of installing 2 smaller capacity A/Cs, but not possible due to cabling difficulties.
It is the 2T version of the same panasonic model.
https://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer/air-conditioners/split-ac/cs-cu-wu24vkyf.html

There is an offer going from Panasonic right now.
(Warranty will be 5 yrs for IDU/PCB, 5yrs on ODU, 10yrs for compressor and Free standard installation )
Since I had to install the ODU on terrace, had to to buy extra copper pipes, power cables, stands etc and it is additional cost.
Installed it on the living area side wall near all my A/V setup. Used for few hours only so far and it is cooling the area well.
My only concern is dining area has an open door to kitchen and do not want to fix the door. This is only opening and all other doors/windows I can close when A/C is on.
I am planning to put a thick blackout curtain for the kitchen opening . Will it help to increase the cooling efficiency?

Update: My initial plan was to have 1 A/C in the master bed room. But ended up buying 1 more for living cum dining room ( ~ 260Sgft ) during the weekend. Have checked for the option of installing 2 smaller capacity A/Cs, but not possible due to cabling difficulties.
It is the 2T version of the same panasonic model.
https://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer/air-conditioners/split-ac/cs-cu-wu24vkyf.html

There is an offer going from Panasonic right now.
(Warranty will be 5 yrs for IDU/PCB, 5yrs on ODU, 10yrs for compressor and Free standard installation )
Since I had to install the ODU on terrace, had to to buy extra copper pipes, power cables, stands etc and it is additional cost.
Installed it on the living area side wall near all my A/V setup. Used for few hours only so far and it is cooling the area well.
My only concern is dining area has an open door to kitchen and do not want to fix the door. This is only opening and all other doors/windows I can close when A/C is on.
I am planning to put a thick blackout curtain for the kitchen opening . Will it help to increase the cooling efficiency?

It should!

You get plastic curtain (thick ones) which is similar to the ones at Airport Belts which brings your luggage...available transparent too...

Else get an Air Curtain to place on the doorway......

Decide on the costing and take a call..

I have read many positive reviews on Panasonic A/Cs but I'm quite loyal to Samsung models. However, I think Panasonic is worth giving a try. I only use portable A/Cs in my smaller rooms and inverter for medium-sized rooms. They are efficient so far.

Just saw this. Have you done anything for the open door?
I have around 10 feet of one length of my living room open to other spaces. I have a blackout type curtain installed for the air con. Very effective.
Daikins are also good I have been using their 4 split units from last 10 years, requires very little maintenance and they are still quiet :)

Thoug still good, Daikin lost their edge when they started manufacturing in India a few years back.

Panasonic ac is good. My mom and aunt uses them and they cooling efficiency is good and also their noise level is low.

Just saw this. Have you done anything for the open door?
I have around 10 feet of one length of my living room open to other spaces. I have a blackout type curtain installed for the air con. Very effective.

No. I had a plan of putting blackout curtains. Infact AC is now cooling the kitchen area as well without much effort.
So just kept the curtain fixing on hold.

Back