Feedback / Opinions on Mission LX3 / LX Range

sgautam

Dear Friends,

Please share your feedback on Mission LX3 speakers if you are using or auditioned anytime. They are within my budget and I have an itch to try floorstanders after a long gap. These have to be good in stereo. That's the only requirement. If they are passable in HT or low in bass I am ok. I primarily enjoy vocal based music and my present bookshelves are not filling the room properly.

Would be thankful if you chip in with your suggestions. Any feedback on LX range is also welcome.

PS: I cannot audition, no chance at all. Cannot spare the time to travel with my new business just taking off.

Hi

one of our FM @celester340 has used the LX series bookshelf for sometime and I guess even wrote a review on the same....pls check.....They are good for music and movies.....decent bass...when I heard them for their size.....other options you can also look at the Polk RTiA series

Thank you. Gone through the entire thread posted by Celester. Quite positive reactions on the LX2. I am specifically looking for LX3 and apart from one review from whathifi not much to help me decide. I am looking to buy a floorstanders at around 30K budget and came across the LX3.

Just an update: came across good reviews for Tannoy Eclipse 3 under budget floorstanders category. Any views on these would be appreciated.

Tannoy eclipses are boxy as they are not well braced. I use Tannoy bookshelves and feel that it is colored towards brighter side and causes fatigue at high volume if paired with digital amps. I had same experience when I auditioned Mercury series as well. I like bright speakers and so, Tannoy were a good pick.
I find Dali more balanced. zensor 5 is an excellent option if you are okay with lean bass. You might get good deals on them as one of the FMs mentioned that next version of Dali's are about to be launched. that's of course if you increased the budget by another 20k.
At 30K Tagas are good option apart from missions.

The newer elac series are also believed to be pretty nice. If possible have a listen.

Thank you both for the info. Both Elac and Dali are expensive unless I settle for the bookshelves. I have a pair of very good stands to put them on as well. But the itch is for floorstanders. Logically speaking I am pretty much sorted with my three pairs of 5 star rated bookshelves and two very good amps.

I have to try Itchguard now. Let me see if it does the trick.

Meanwhile pl help me with your suggestions.

Thank you. Gone through the entire thread posted by Celester. Quite positive reactions on the LX2. I am specifically looking for LX3 and apart from one review from whathifi not much to help me decide. I am looking to buy a floorstanders at around 30K budget and came across the LX3.

If the LX 2 are good....I am sure then the LX 3 would be a tad better and deliver more low frequency than the LX2 being Floor Standing speakers...

If 30k is your budget then these models cost more including the Polk RtiA series.....a suggestion...if you already have good bookshelf speakers why not get a decent sub and integrate both? You will get the missing low frequencies ....just a thought

Bought the LX3s this weekend as the urge to try floorstanders was too much. They may land next wednesday and I usually give new speakers some run-in time. Coming from an automobile background I firmly believe in breaking time. I will surely share my views on the pair.

Many thanks for helping me in my decision.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back