Ferrofluid for soft fabric 1" Dome Tweeter by Dynaudio

manu2598

Where can I get access to Ferrofluid locally in Mumbai? I need this for my tweeters.

Thanks in advance.

Some years back, after not able to get it locally, I ordered from parts-express. There is something available in amazon, but does not suit speaker drivers.

Do you know how much was filled in the orginal one? Depending on the quantity, the suspension effect varies, resulting in a different sound. In most cases, when you will to the brim so that it would look like overflowing, you are not at risk. Ferrofluids are 'super fluidic' make sure you are all set with clean target tweeters ready before opening them. There is a great chance that you end up wasting it, if not careful. Make sure you wear gloves.

Do you know how much was filled in the orginal one? Depending on the quantity, the suspension effect varies, resulting in a different sound. In most cases, when you will to the brim so that it would look like overflowing, you are not at risk. Ferrofluids are 'super fluidic' make sure you are all set with clean target tweeters ready before opening them. There is a great chance that you end up wasting it, if not careful. Make sure you wear gloves.
Thanks hifitoaster for your reply.

I do not know how much was filled in them but I intend to put equal amount in both Tweeters after attempting to clean them up.

What do you think of the Ferrofluid available in the following Link:-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/A-s...r-tweeter-speaker-voice-coil/32959569166.html

Thanks hifitoaster for your reply.

I do not know how much was filled in them but I intend to put equal amount in both Tweeters after attempting to clean them up.

What do you think of the Ferrofluid available in the following Link:-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/A-s...r-tweeter-speaker-voice-coil/32959569166.html
No idea. But, I dont think they are created equal. I bought from 2 different vendors in Europe while I was in europe. One was from Poland and the other from Germany. Since I had a new working tweeter, I knew how they should sound. The one from Poland even after filling sounded different from the original. But there was a catch I wasnt sure about at the time of this fix, the amount of fluid I need to fill in. SO that can be also a reason. I cannot say clearly the quality varies between them. Try your luck out. Also, while you work with tweeter voice coils, make sure that you dont damage the circular shape of the voice coil by pressing them accidently.. A slight dent in circular shape results in a different freq response. Every time when someone says that a poked out tweeter sounds the same, ppl are just being too ignorant. :) a poked out tweeter is already a damaged tweeter. But, on the other had a poked woofer dustcup is hardly noticeable on sound unless its too big like the ones on B&w where the dustcap itself is playing a bigger role in the sound.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back