Fidelizer

Yes interesting post Keith. I am in 100% agreement with Archimago, in relation to Fidelizer. I guess now there is a paid version out as well. I am planning to experiment with Audiophile optimizer down the road with windows 10, will report my findings. No idea about Jplay, am not planning to go in that direction at all.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
OT, but Archimago's site has all sorts of comparisons. He's even compared audio output of a PC running Win vs. a PC running Linux. I spent (some might say wasted) a good hour on his website.

I've tried Fidelizer twice and each time it wipes off the channel settings in my sound card. I end up with no sound post running Fidelizer. Not sure if it's to do with my sound card, or a general issue.

I've tried Fidelizer twice and each time it wipes off the channel settings in my sound card. I end up with no sound post running Fidelizer. Not sure if it's to do with my sound card, or a general issue.
Not sure why that happens. In what I've see so far, Fidelizer operates at the OS setting level so if it mucks up specific sound card settings, it's a bug in Fidelizer. :mad:

What version of Fidelizer are you using?

I'm running Pro 6.14 and it might be the best update so far.
Send KP a line and I'm sure he will respond.
He's extremely proactive when it comes to his software service.

Regards.

Nikhil, the last I tried was last week with a download of the trial version of the current version from the Fidelizer website.

Nikhil, the last I tried was last week with a download of the trial version of the current version from the Fidelizer website.

To my knowledge Fidelizer should reverse any changes when you uninstall.
That is why I think you should contact KP (luciffiar at hotmail dot com).

Regards.

Yes interesting post Keith. I am in 100% agreement with Archimago, in relation to Fidelizer. I guess now there is a paid version out as well. I am planning to experiment with Audiophile optimizer down the road with windows 10, will report my findings. No idea about Jplay, am not planning to go in that direction at all.
Cheers,
Sid

Any further observation sir on fidelizer

Running Fidelizer Pro 7.4 on my Win7 Audio PC.
The most recent releases have been more about Roon integration.

Optimization Level : Purist
Machine Configuration : Network Player

Last edited:
No from my side, I am not using fidelizer. Simplified playback with Jriver mc21 via USB to chord Hugo tt.
Cheers,
Sid

Just upgraded to Fidelizer Pro 8.0

Sonically there is an improvement in terms of quieter background and improved dynamics. No idea how and why these things happen with software but it is what it is. Was using 7.10 Pro before this and have been a regular Fidelizer Pro user for a while now. I really like what it does on my machine.

Fidelizer 8.0 Info: http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fide...ffers-for-nimitra-nikola-with-jriver-support/

As always ... YMMV!

Just got the upgrade to 8.7 over the holidays.
Major feature is optimization of launching modern media player applications - Audirvana in particular.

Can't say I have noticed any difference in the sound etc

Just got the upgrade to 8.7 over the holidays.
Major feature is optimization of launching modern media player applications - Audirvana in particular.

Can't say I have noticed any difference in the sound etc.
Previous versions already had the option of launching modern/legacy media player applications that were run via executable files but for a Windows 10 "Store App" [like Audirvana] it wasn't possible because they don't launch by running traditional executable files - so what he has implemented in this version is launching a Windows 10 "Store App" via Fidelizer. :)

I am currently using the fidelizer free version.

Me setup is as follows:
- Pure music dedicated intel nuc8i3beh running Windows 10Pro. It has been tweaked using default system settings and Win10Privacy.
- Roon Labs 1.8
- Hqplayer (Sinc S, 48x64 DSD, ASDM7EC)
- Allo Usb-bridge signature player with Ropieee
- Tplink RE450 connecting core and streamer via Archer C6
- 60Mbps net connection fibre via ONT Device
- Topping E30
- Rega Brio 2 (2017)
- Q Acoustics 3050i

My question is to @Nikhil and other Fidelizer Pro users:

Will I benefit from upgrading to Fidelizer Pro version?

I do feel the free version has improved something in my system altho not exactly sure as I haven't done A/B testing but I certainly feel it has done something positive.

Kindly guide me, thanks.

My question is to @Nikhil and other Fidelizer Pro users:

Will I benefit from upgrading to Fidelizer Pro version?

Yes sure. There are a couple of features that are available only on the Pro version (Purist mode?)
But most noticeably the settings remain and you don't need to reinstall every time you reboot.

But yes especially if you are going headless on your server then Pro allows you to run things at startup.
It's been a while since I first started using Fidelizer that I really don't remember my system without it.
The main reason I use it is because the improvements were quite noticeable over stock Win10 OS at the time.

Regards

There are a couple of features that are available only on the Pro version (Purist mode?)
I think Purist mode is available in the free version as well but some settings are blocked.

I have set it to Purist mode audio and default setting of General Purpose Audio is the only setting available to me.
But most noticeably the settings remain and you don't need to reinstall every time you reboot.
This isn't a major issue for me and I'm willing to take the trouble of setting it up everytime after shutdown/ restart.
It's been a while since I first started using Fidelizer that I really don't remember my system without it.
The main reason I use it is because the improvements were quite noticeable over stock Win10 OS at the time.
Definitely I observe improvement with the free version as well. Hence was wondering if using the pro can give a further lift.

Also, do we have to buy each upgrade or is it like a one time purchase thing like Roon?

Btw, I use first application as HQPlayer running on Realtime priority and second as Roon server running on Above normal priority.

I am also using this software and noticed background more silent ,noise reduced.
Yes. I have experienced same. Still wondering how a software can achieve that.

Are you on Pro Version or Free?

Also, do we have to buy each upgrade or is it like a one time purchase thing like Roon?

It's a single payment when you're going from free to Pro.

Definitely I observe improvement with the free version as well. Hence was wondering if using the pro can give a further lift.

Yes definitely lot more features in Core Optimization and system configuration options.
Further all changes are 100% reversible in case you are not satisfied with the performance.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back