FiiO BTA30 Pro - Versatile and affordable multi-functional DAC

Thanks a bunch
TBH I am interested in connecting the digital out of gca to my DAC (FIIO BTA30 PRO OR SMSL SU1)
If its not too much, could you share your opinion about the dac performance of fiio bta30 pro with smsl su1??
These are the only 2 options that I have on my mind considering I am planning to stream muosc via cca for now.

Would be grateful
Thanks again
I have no idea of the SMSL SU1. FiiO I own and it is quite good.

@Kannan
i bought the BTA30 pro and trying to play around it, i connected the BTA30 pro via USB from my laptop, put it in BT TX mode and connected my BT headphone which supports BT version 5.0. its a infinity glide N120. i played a song in my laptop and was able to listen to it in my earphone without issues. but the BT codec - its always blue ( SBC). when i try to change the codec to LDAC it doesnt change. infact it doesnt change to any codec except the default. i tried the same in BT RX mode and connected by mobile and played a song. the BT CODEC was Cyan in color and not able to change to any other codec - even though in the APP i have disabled all codecs except LDAC.

did you encounter any such issue?

I used the BTA30Pro. Its sound quality is good but the problem with it is the very low volume output. DACs dont need to be expensive but this one is too cheap I am afraid. Something like the Wiim streamers would be better options, or Fiios own balanced DACs

I used the BTA30Pro. Its sound quality is good but the problem with it is the very low volume output. DACs dont need to be expensive but this one is too cheap I am afraid. Something like the Wiim streamers would be better options, or Fiios own balanced DACs
I find it more than substantial (both as a digital transport, as a pure DAC or as a preamp). See if max output is locked to lower db levels though the FiiO Control app.
I use it in both my headphone and stereo setup.

@Kannan
i bought the BTA30 pro and trying to play around it, i connected the BTA30 pro via USB from my laptop, put it in BT TX mode and connected my BT headphone which supports BT version 5.0. its a infinity glide N120. i played a song in my laptop and was able to listen to it in my earphone without issues. but the BT codec - its always blue ( SBC). when i try to change the codec to LDAC it doesnt change. infact it doesnt change to any codec except the default. i tried the same in BT RX mode and connected by mobile and played a song. the BT CODEC was Cyan in color and not able to change to any other codec - even though in the APP i have disabled all codecs except LDAC.

did you encounter any such issue?
check if your laptop supports aptx and above protocols. Even though BT 5.0, aptx and above can be restricted.

Back