FiiO BTR3K

venkatcr

Is anyone using the FiiO BTR3K? What are your impressions? I have three reasons to ask this question.

1. Audio Science Review has rejected this BT Adapter as junk.
2. At the same time there are glowing reviews of the product elsewhere.
3. Right now it is available at <5k which I think is a good price.

My needs?

Just to connect my wired headphone to a Dell XPS13 for watching movies, youtube, and some music. Frankly, music sounds better on my 1+3.

Thanks in advance for any response.

It is a very good price. If your headphones are not high impedance (more than 50 ohms) then you can get these, else look for something more powerfull like the BTR5, Ear Studio etc.

Agree with kannan..

SS is pretty nice.. warm and laid back with decent detail.. thanks to AKM implementation.. BTR5 is a better bet for the power making it more suitable for larger range of iems/hps. Stretch yr budget if u can and get the btr5.

Thanks Kannan and Doomster69.

Spending close to 9K for a BT adapter does not make much sense to me. As I said, I want to use this just to move away from the hassle of connecting a 3.5 mm or an USC C cable to the fragile looking laptop. Just power it, keep it unhindered on my lap in my bed and watch a Netflix or something before I sleep. That is my primary and only objective. I was even seriously considering getting a TaoTronics TT-BA07 for some $15. That is less than Rs.1000. It has glowing reviews even from NY Times.

For music, I prefer my semi-desktop system that is undergoing improvement with a Topping D50 DAC!.

Thanks Kannan and Doomster69.

Spending close to 9K for a BT adapter does not make much sense to me. As I said, I want to use this just to move away from the hassle of connecting a 3.5 mm or an USC C cable to the fragile looking laptop. Just power it, keep it unhindered on my lap in my bed and watch a Netflix or something before I sleep. That is my primary and only objective. I was even seriously considering getting a TaoTronics TT-BA07 for some $15. That is less than Rs.1000. It has glowing reviews even from NY Times.

For music, I prefer my semi-desktop system that is undergoing improvement with a Topping D50 DAC!.
In that case just get a bluetooth headset and you are done, ofcourse assuming your laptop has bluetooth transmitter built-in.
That said assuming your laptop is not bluetooth enabled, if you do not want to connect a 3.5 mm jack to your laptop, how do you expect to get the output, even when using a bluetooth adapter? For example, the above Tao Tronics uses a 3.5 mm cable to get the analogue output from your laptop

Last edited:
The Dell XPS-13 does have BT. It also outputs analog through the 3.5 mm connection and digital through the USB C connection. I do have a Ugreen USB C to 3.5 mm dongle, and that works reasonable well. I am also looking at moving to Abigail CX31993 @Rs.1000 which has good reviews. But again, this beats my first requirement. Portability and less connectivity into the Dell.

The TaoTronics TT-BA07 is both a BT receiver and a transmitter. In transmission mode, you connect the 3.5mm cable for input. In receiving mode, you can plug the 3.5 mm cable of a pair of wired headphones.

I do have a Infinity wireless headphone. The fitting is extremely uncomfortable, and the sound is mediocre. I have got used to the Sony and a slightly higher end Sennheiser wired headphones I have. Of course, if I use BT, I would be dependent upon the Dell DAC, which is iffy at best. As I said my One Plus 3 has a much better DAC.

The most important part - my requirement is not high end. Just enough to hear dialogues and background music and sound clearly without using high volume.

Cheers

Of course, if I use BT, I would be dependent upon the Dell DAC, which is iffy at best. As I said my One Plus 3 has a much better DAC.
Not sure if understanding is correct

If you use BT connection from laptop to External BT Dongle, the DAC and Xmos chip in the dongle will do the processing and not the phone or dell laptop. even when you connect the dac via usb c, the dac in the dongle does processing. I think once you enable developer options on one plus, you can choose LDAC or Aptx for the codec to maximise output quality/fidelity from Bluetooth dac/dongle since oneplus outputs SBC (low latency) as default for better range and connection stability.

You can also completely bypass the inbuilt android dac on one plus phone using USB Audio Pro App enabling bit perfect in the app when connecting via usb c to a dongle dac. This is how i use the oneplus phone with NX4DSD as dac amp combo in wired portable setup.

TaoTronics TT-BA07 is both a BT receiver and a transmitter
yes...you can do that, but again you cannot be sure of the built-in amps drive capability, so if you have low impedance headphones, it will not be a problem. There are quite a few of these available on Amazon for under 1000.

I have one TX/RX long range (70 to 80 meters) transmitter, which i primarily use as a transmitter to listen to my cassettes wirelessly

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back