Fiio E07K Andes or Creative sound blaster

Ehat

Hi All,
I am planning to buy "Fiio E07K Andes USB DAC" to be used with NAD amp and wharfedale 9.0.

As for source I use my laptop or WDTV live, please suggest if it is a good budget DAC, will it be better than the creative sound blaster USB dac.

I have the Fiio and I use it precisely for the same purpose. For the money it is very very good, reveals enough detail and a pretty neutral output. IMO it will be a mile ahead of the Creative. I do not have the Creative, but have used many Creative cards in the past, right now I have a Asus Xonar U3 which the Fiio outshines very easily in every aspect.
You get tone controls with the Fiio as well, and variable gain control, all of it comes very handy. If you are on a budget then Fiio is a good choice.

How is Asus Xonar U7 as compared to Fiio ? I have a laptop which I want to use for feeding to my Integrated Amp via a DAC. Presently I am using my al cheapo Panasonic DVDP(with USB) for this purpose.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back