Fiio K7 or TR-Amp or schiit Modi 3+ or zen dac V2

krisna

Hi,
I need a dac for my vintage Luxman L114a amp. The below are available in used market, all with in my budget. Which one to choose based on the sound and reliability(as I don't wish to update the dac anytime sooner)

1) Fiio K7
2) TR-Amp ( have some reservations as it has internal battery, don't want to get in to updating the battery, but still under consideration for servicing can be tolerated if benefits outweighs other dac options)
3) Schiit Modi 3+
4) IFi zen dac V2

Thanks,
Krishna Prasad

Hi,
I need a dac for my vintage Luxman L114a amp. The below are available in used market, all with in my budget. Which one to choose based on the sound and reliability(as I don't wish to update the dac anytime sooner)

1) Fiio K7
2) TR-Amp ( have some reservations as it has internal battery, don't want to get in to updating the battery, but still under consideration for servicing can be tolerated if benefits outweighs other dac options)
3) Schiit Modi 3+
4) IFi zen dac V2

Thanks,
Krishna Prasad
I'm going to stream flac, wav from my disk through Rpi4.

Hi,

1) Fiio K7
3) Schiit Modi 3+
4) IFi zen dac V2

Thanks,
Krishna Prasad
No idea about 2. However, 1,3 or 4, you cannot go wrong. All good dacs. Try them out if you can and pick.

MaSh

No idea about 2. However, 1,3 or 4, you cannot go wrong. All good dacs. Try them out if you can and pick.

MaSh
Which one do you think is best among the three, considering I can tone down/up both end of frequency spectrum through my vintage amp. I'm also worried about reliability/life of the dac as I don't want to upgrade the dac.

Which one do you think is best among the three, considering I can tone down/up both end of frequency spectrum through my vintage amp. I'm also worried about reliability/life of the dac as I don't want to upgrade the dac.
If it was me, I would pick either the Schiit or the ifi.

MaSh

I am using Schitt Modi 3 and it is good and solid build quality. It doesn't have volume control. But if you have the Amp providing the volume control, this DAC is good. I havent experienced the others.

Back