FiiO Q1 - Quick Review

indy70

Folks, I bought a FiiO Q1 Portable Headphone Amp + DAC from Headphonezone.in for Rs. 4600. Here is my experience and quick review on the same.

Headphonezone purchase experience:
I bought FiiO Q1 along with Audio Technica M40x. I chose for expert suggestion from the website and I promptly got a call from them and got good suggestion for my usage. I wanted to use it with my FiiO X1 and also as USB DAC with my Mac. I bought both online and I picked it up from their warehouse at Adyar.

FiiO Q1 Quick Review:
For this price, I must say I got introduced into the world of headphone amp and clean listening. Now, I am unable to go back to listening directly from 3.5mm jack. I immediately stacked it with my FiiO X1 using the kit provided - 3.5mm to 3.5mm, silicone pads and 2 FiiO branded Rubber bands. Choose Line out option in FiiO X1 and all set. Q1 is nicely shaped like a tiny flask and is very handy. There was significant difference in cleanliness of the audio from direct listening to Q1 listening. Sound was much clear and intruments were more visible, even the faintest. Of course, audiophiles are saying it lacks depth and stage but I am a beginner and for me it felt great.

I tried connecting it with my Mac via USB and then the headphone. Stark difference in clarity and lesser digital noise. Now, I don't want to go back to old ways of listening. Even connecting to Norge 2060 via Headphone out sounds really great. Best of all, you can set the Mac to output 24/96 via USB and listen to some clean and beautiful Hi Res Classical music.

Also connected from office windows laptop and instantly detects it as USB audio device adding really nice performance even at lower volumes with greater details with less distortion and noise (For office surroundings).

I am now thinking to get a FiiO K1 also if possible so I can portably connect it to any computer on the go.

Overall: Good value for money, great starter for beginners like me without pinching the purse too much. Very handy portable device.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back