Finally got my Optoma 600x

sanbabu

Hi Guys

Finally I got my projector Optoma hd600x for 400 at amazon.co.uk. I wanted to go for HD200X, but finally went for 600X as the full HD sources are limited in India . In couple of months I would be returning back to india. So I didn't buy any screen or HT. I connected my lapton and projected 720p videos to my bed room wall ( Rough surface with some protruded line design) from around 6-7 Feet and found the image is clear. I observed lot of light in the bedroom while my PJ is running.

Can Somebody please suggest me some good screens around 100" at a budget of around 10K and where to get in Chennai assuming the room size to be 12X12 Ft.

Thanks
Babu

Last edited:
It is always better to buy at one go the projector, screen, 5.1, etc.

I think you have set a new record of watching movies from a mere 6 feet, this is not good.

It will be a good partial relief rally when you will beam projector from your home town house at 12 feet.

V.

Hi Guys

Finally I got my projector Optoma hd600x for 400 at amazon.co.uk. I wanted to go for HD200X, but finally went for 600X as the full HD sources are limited in India . In couple of months I would be returning back to india. So I didn't buy any screen or HT. I connected my lapton and projected 720p videos to my bed room wall ( Rough surface with some protruded line design) from around 6-7 Feet and found the image is clear. I observed lot of light in the bedroom while my PJ is running.

Can Somebody please suggest me some good screens around 100" at a budget of around 10K and where to get in Chennai assuming the room size to be 12X12 Ft.

Thanks
Babu

It is always better to buy at one go the projector, screen, 5.1, etc.

I think you have set a new record of watching movies from a mere 6 feet, this is not good.

It will be a good partial relief rally when you will beam projector from your home town house at 12 feet.

V.

It is always an individual choice to go into PJ / screen / 5.1.:)

As an seasoned member should give an right suggestion to encourage baby steppers into Hifi, not merely teasing them.

Not everybody can afford to have an 15 ft room and one shot to go for Screen + 5.1 setup. They have to be satisfied what they have, and he has clearly mentioned that he beamed in his bedroom in excitement to test it and also stated he is in UK and asked suggestion for his hometown installation advice.

Just making my point and no harm to anybody thru this. If so sorry.:)

I have given the best of suggestion to my ability and there is nothing like teasing, i have placed the reality, at end of the day, sure one can take the route which pleases a person.

If one is planning to use the projector from a better distance after a few months, then one should not buy the projector at this point and start using it from a mere 6 feet, this is not teasing but a very wise view. On the other hand nowhere he has said that he used it only for testing purpose, i will safely assume that he will be watching movies for a few months from this 6/7 feet.

V.

As an seasoned member should give an right suggestion to encourage baby steppers into Hifi, not merely teasing them.

Not everybody can afford to have an 15 ft room and one shot to go for Screen + 5.1 setup. They have to be satisfied what they have, and he has clearly mentioned that he beamed in his bedroom in excitement to test it and also stated he is in UK and asked suggestion for his hometown installation advice.

Last edited:
I have given the best of suggestion to my ability and there is nothing like teasing, i have placed the reality, at end of the day, sure one can take the route which pleases a person.

If one is planning to use the projector from a better distance after a few months, then one should not buy the projector at this point and start using it from a mere 6 feet, this is not teasing but a very wise view. On the other hand nowhere he has said that he used it only for testing purpose, i will safely assume that he will be watching movies for a few months from this 6/7 feet.

V.

Vinay

Actually, I just tested the PJ out of curiosity. I got 40" LCD as of now. Just wanted to see if there is any problem with the projector. That's why I bought the PJ two months in advance and I will be returning back to Chennai in a couple of months. I just tested the PJ from 6 ft as I had lot of stuff in my bedroom. Anyway thanks for your suggestions. Slowly I will buy one by one once I land in Chennai.:yahoo:

Srini

You understood my point correctly:clapping:

It is full fledged relief rally that you beamed at 6 feet only for testing purpose because from your post there was not a drop of testing indication.

I think it is always better to buy the projector only when we are ready to use it because if lying around for a couple of months then that much period of warranty is lost for nothing at all and one may miss out the price drop or a newer model if any, etc.

V.

Vinay

Actually, I just tested the PJ out of curiosity. Just wanted to see if there is any problem with the projector. That's why I bought the PJ two months in advance and I will be returning back to Chennai in a couple of months. I just tested the PJ from 6 ft

I think it is always better to buy the projector only when we are ready to use it because if lying around for a couple of months then that much period of warranty is lost for nothing at all and one may miss out the price drop or a newer model if any, etc.
Good point!

It is full fledged relief rally that you beamed at 6 feet only for testing purpose because from your post there was not a drop of testing indication.

V.

You are right on your point, the other situation will be after two months while his return may be the fat wallet presently he afforded to buy this stuff may not remain same.:) Humans have nature of need anytime and and flushing of wallet happens at any moment for some other reason.

So he made a right decision of buying by focusing in stepping to AV hobby on his return after two months to hometown:licklips:

Back