Find Everything on your PC

Chulbulee

Many programs insert files in too very distant folders (especially in AppData) and when you want to look for a particular file, it becomes a tedious affair. Though Windows had its fair share of utilities, I discovered a tiny, under 2 Mb utility (with every app appearing in Gb's, this one needs to be seen to believed) called Everything, available at voidtools-dot-com). I am using it for many years, and just thought about telling here. Last year, my son introduced in his college lab, it took everyone by surprise (and he became a genius :) ). You can use all types of shortcuts like *.pdf or my??????.* etc to find any of your files and the complete path appears.

Hope it helps someone in dire straits

Many programs insert files in too very distant folders (especially in AppData) and when you want to look for a particular file, it becomes a tedious affair. Though Windows had its fair share of utilities, I discovered a tiny, under 2 Mb utility (with every app appearing in Gb's, this one needs to be seen to believed) called Everything, available at voidtools-dot-com). I am using it for many years, and just thought about telling here. Last year, my son introduced in his college lab, it took everyone by surprise (and he became a genius :) ). You can use all types of shortcuts like *.pdf or my??????.* etc to find any of your files and the complete path appears.

How different it is from default Windows Search?

Thanks for sharing. Looks quite useful

A software like 'CloneSpy' will help you to find duplicate files in the drive and delete those. It is common that we keep same file in many places, either downloaded or copied many times, occupying considerable space. There are many such softwares (https://www.techspot.com/article/1648-delete-duplicate-files/) which can identify duplicate files and helps to remove and organize driver space to optimum usage.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back