Finesse's awesome rack

Absolute Phase

Hi! Guys,
Just though I must post a picture of Mr. Murthy's awesome rack. As usually his workmanship is outstanding. All against orders only.

Looks good!! Gr8 work!!
What's the cost?
Sooner or later i'll be meeting Mr Murthy!!
Thanks Mr Prithvi. Iam looking for enclosed racks (Obvious to seal it as dust proof.. if not 100 per cent, atleast taking in some steps to keep my gears dust proof as less as possible).
Any other images (of enclosed racks) that you would like to share? Or you can point to the links?

Dont use enclosed racks, with out proper ventilation, your equipment will suffer. Rather keep your equipment covered with a nice cloth. Do what ever, you cant keep out the dust. Just my two-bit.

The rack looks awesome and a sure the finish is excellent. But Rs 49,500 for a rack !!!!!!!!! Sounds and feels very expensive and we are not including freight and packing......hmmmm

Thanks Prithivi for the price.
Wow!!! Half-a-lakh for rack!!! And i suppose there are other racks even above 1 Lakh range!!! Well need to check other custom products designed by Murthy!!! Hope some of them are not in that range, were i can chip in!!!!

If you find this rack expensive. Then Please try the SRA, Finite Elemente Pagode Reference, all upwards of 5-7 lacs in India. All these racks are very heavy and you pay a huge amount of the freight from abroad to india.

Last edited:
Prithvi don't get offended but sure this price of 49K is way too high.

Nothing to get offended, this forum is for us to share our post. ITs very simple if you want quality then you have to pay for it. This goes for anything applicable to all products.

I have installed Finite Elemente Pagode Reference racks and my god their engineering is awesome down to the last mm. ITs worth every penny that you pay for these rack, not that I can afford 5-7 lacs for one. My wife will throw me out! He! HE:D

Murthy has just got an order for two of his racks, which I think is great for the 1st day. Delivery will be 3-4 weeks.

Thanks Prithivi for the price.
Wow!!! Half-a-lakh for rack!!! And i suppose there are other racks even above 1 Lakh range!!! Well need to check other custom products designed by Murthy!!! Hope some of them are not in that range, were i can chip in!!!!

Sgmane,

My personal request. As you are in deciding your HT package, complete it first. Then you can look for the rack. Kalyan, a member of hifivision has built a enclosed custom rack (with necessary ventilation) just for 14K. I had a look at that; it is sturdy, spacious, and well planned. With his permission, I will take the snaps and try to post the pictures. Recently, I have moved my stereo setup to my bedroom since my son watches cartoons most of the time. For the purpose, I bought a open rack (dismantible) with three shelves from Saravana Stores for Rs. 437/-. It looks ordinary and serves the purpose.

In my opinion, audio racks do not improve the sound quality (exception: for a turntable, you should have a well built rack to avoid vibration).

If you find this rack expensive. Then Please try the SRA, Finite Elemente Pagode Reference, all upwards of 5-7 lacs in India. All these racks are very heavy and you pay a huge amount of the freight from abroad to india.

That's the shot!!! I did expect over a lac, for racks (and that's what precisely i mentioned in my earlier post)!! Ofcourse hi-end players afterall substaniated with hi-end racks!!
Thanks again Prithivi for the infor!

Sgmane,

My personal request. As you are in deciding your HT package, complete it first. Then you can look for the rack. Kalyan, a member of hifivision has built a enclosed custom rack (with necessary ventilation) just for 14K. I had a look at that; it is sturdy, spacious, and well planned. With his permission, I will take the snaps and try to post the pictures. Recently, I have moved my stereo setup to my bedroom since my son watches cartoons most of the time. For the purpose, I bought a open rack (dismantible) with three shelves from Saravana Stores for Rs. 437/-. It looks ordinary and serves the purpose.

In my opinion, audio racks do not improve the sound quality (exception: for a turntable, you should have a well built rack to avoid vibration).

Ofcourse Muthu! Iam just in the process of having enough information and would upgrade either at one-go or step-by-step. My information collection is on the move right now!! Once my collection box is full (assuming iam reaching saturation point to buy the stuff), i shall go ahead.
And sure, i shall also come down and look at the stuff at your place and at kalyan's (if permitted). Does kalyan's rack is detachable stuff?

I use an expensive Solid Tech Rack of Silence for my CDP and preamp and a Taoc amplifier stand and rack for HT components. TAOC is an excellent rack and reasonably priced and use aluminium frame and MDF shelves with cast iron powder as damping component in the shelves. They are a major supplier of cast iron parts to Toyota Motors and one of the best reputed Japanese companies in cast iron products and vibration dampeners. Their website is taoc.co.jp and some of their Japanese dealers can supply the rack directly. I got mine like that only. A 3-shelf stand could cost around US$500.

> murali

I use an expensive Solid Tech Rack of Silence for my CDP and preamp and a Taoc amplifier stand and rack for HT components. TAOC is an excellent rack and reasonably priced and use aluminium frame and MDF shelves with cast iron powder as damping component in the shelves. They are a major supplier of cast iron parts to Toyota Motors and one of the best reputed Japanese companies in cast iron products and vibration dampeners. Their website is taoc.co.jp and some of their Japanese dealers can supply the rack directly. I got mine like that only. A 3-shelf stand could cost around US$500.

> murali

How did you get the rack to India? Also the links taoc.co.jp and www.taoc.co.jp don't seem to work, could you please give me the exact link?
Thanks.

P.S: Nevermind, found the site: http://www.taoc.gr.jp/taoc/rack.html

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back