Fire stick audio issue ( help)

VinnyC

So recently I added a fire stick 4 to my home theater. Hooked it to the hdmi port 2
And the sound bar is connected into the hdmi arc port 1. Tv is a 82 inch qled Samsung and the sound bar is the JBL Bar 9.1 Atmos.
Everything worked and sounded great for 2 weeks , until tonight . Some reason the audio stopped coming into the sound bar.
the video works fine , and now when I turn to fire stick on the sound bar turns from hdmi input to tv . Nothing was changed or unplugged , I unplugged the fire sticks power for 10 mins , unplugged and re plugged the fire stick into the hdmi port 2.
I can hear the fire sticks audio coming thru the TVs speakers now.
anyone have any ideas?

Do a factory reset of TV, Sound Bar and Fire Stick. Hopefully this should fix your issue. Also check if there is any Firmware upgrade available for TV, Sound Bar and Fire Stick.

It’s the Samsung 82 inch Q600 qled with hdmi arc .
You mean Q60R? Port 4 is ARC port in Q60R, as far as I remember. Right now you have hooked Fire Stick to port 1 and Sound Bar to port 2 of the TV, right? I believe you need to hook the Sound Bar to port 4 (arc) of the TV.

Last edited:
You mean Q60R? Port 4 is ARC port in Q60R, as far as I remember. Right now you have hooked Fire Stick to port 1 and Sound Bar to port 2 of the TV, right? I believe you need to hook the Sound Bar to port 4 (arc) of the TV.
This model tv only has 2 hdmi ports
Only 1 has the ARC

Any better if you hook the firestick to the sound bar? I believe your sound bar has 2 hdmi ports, one hdmi in and the other arc.

Any better if you hook the firestick to the sound bar? I believe your sound bar has 2 hdmi ports, one hdmi in and the other arc.
I have my cable box going into 1 hdmi on my sound bar , and the tv is in the hdmi arc on the sound bar .
Don’t forget all this worked for 2 weeks up until the other night I went to use it and something changed.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back