Fired up my Popcorn Hour this evening, works very well

GeorgeO

I got my Popcorn Hour working for video this evening and it works very well indeed so far. I need to play around with it a bit more after my Kerala trip this weekend and will post my impressions after I use it a bit more.

I got my Popcorn Hour working for video this evening and it works very well indeed so far. I need to play around with it a bit more after my Kerala trip this weekend and will post my impressions after I use it a bit more.

hi George,

good going!

hope you had a fantastic time with son and family in kerala

regds
suri

Hi Suri

I had planned the trip as 4 day programme with Thattekad(Hornbill Camp) and backwaters, but the youngster had other plans-we take a morning flight out today( instead of Thursday's Garib Rath!) and have only 2 1/2 days there, with one day in Kumarakom, and one or two pit stops at well known toddy shops in the vicinity( Karimbamkala near Chingavanom is one of them, and another is the one just beyond Taja Kumarakom, called Vettor kallu shaap). Ernakulam is to be bypassed!. I'm hoping to do a line boat trip to Alleppey if possible to see the canals in the Kuttanad area.

Cheers

George

There are two Karimbinkalas.....one is the 'original' and one is the 'fake', the original is a multistoreyed blue-coloured building and the fake is a low-slung thing with canopies and so on that also serves kallu. the FAKE HAS BETTER KARIMEEN and is generally better for food and also has kallu. Some people claim the original is better, but it's bollocks, their karimeen is not a patch on that available at the fake one. So please avoid the original and head to fake one.

Hi Suri

I had planned the trip as 4 day programme with Thattekad(Hornbill Camp) and backwaters, but the youngster had other plans-we take a morning flight out today( instead of Thursday's Garib Rath!) and have only 2 1/2 days there, with one day in Kumarakom, and one or two pit stops at well known toddy shops in the vicinity( Karimbamkala near Chingavanom is one of them, and another is the one just beyond Taja Kumarakom, called Vettor kallu shaap). Ernakulam is to be bypassed!. I'm hoping to do a line boat trip to Alleppey if possible to see the canals in the Kuttanad area.

Cheers

George

Unfortunately the day we went the Govt had( quite hypocrtically and purely with votes in mind) declared a dry day-Jan 30th, Gandhiji's martyrdom day. However since our trip was planned well ahead, we managed to get 5 litres of fresh toddy from our local sources and refrigerated it, so we had our full quota!

The fake shaap was closed, but the original was open, so we had no choice but to go there-we also normally go to the fake place, not to the "Family Restaurant". Their karimeen was excellent, not too oily as was kappa and chemmeen. Duck was very tough-when I questioned them they said they dont pressure cook it.

The following night was at Kumarakom, and we drove around the baclkwaters to Alleppey via Muhoma and avoided the National Highway. Very pretty drive, though one notices a large number of resorts have come up on the other bank as well-Oberoi, Lemon Tree and various others. The wildlife authorities had the previous day raided all the kallu shaaps and seized 20 kgs of aama( turtle) meat, as well as frogs legs and the like from what I heard. Drove around Alleppey, and returned via the very scenic backwaters route via Kidangara and Changanacherry. Saw a lot of boards saying karimeen and Kuttanadan thaaravu (duck)for sale!

Hornbill camp is for as future trip.

Connected the Popcorn to my monitor(22 inch) and checked it, I need to connect the sudio cables to listen as well. I dont have a multi media speaker system, so I will need to do something or use headphones for now. Long term need to use the HDMI out to a flat panel tv. The user interface is very easy.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back