Firmware updated HDMI showing black screen on PS3

Nishabfss

Post 4.41 firmware I had flicker on my screen. I reported this to sony and they asked me to visit ASC in Rajouti Garden. Also post firmware update my LED could not recognize PS3 on HDMI 1 & 2 and only started recognizing it on HDMI 3 & 4. Strange....Tata sky HD worked fine on all

When I visited service center they said it was a dead set. All this when I came back set was working.

I pressed sony for home visit and by the time they visited, it had another firmware update and HDMI was blank on all inputs.

LED showed that HDMI was getting detected but but a blank black screen

Sony engineer picked up set and 10 days later called me suggesting that HDMI code was not updated correctly may be as I had power cut during installation.

I told them I never had such power cut.

Now they have offered a replacement at 30% for my 15 month old PS3.

What a shame I am paying for a FIRMWARE RELATED ISSUE. Their own engineer said that its firmware related but not offering Free of cost replacement....

u shd try to reset it to default settings by pressing the power buttons for 5 seconds, it will beep 2 times n video will go to 576p n den u can chnge to hdmi.

Last edited:
If you reinstall the whole OS from a Pen Drive that can be another option though if factory reset does not work. instructions for new install is on PS website

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back