First stereo setup, need help to find the perfect pair.

manishk3008

Hi All greetings from Pune I have decided to purchase my first stereo setup I can spend around INR 80000-100000.

I am looking at going for Rotel A10 or A 11 or Cambridge Audio AXA 50 and Polk R100 or KEF 150, I have not listened to any one of them and I am not sure how will they sound. So anyone here who owns any of these combos or has listened to them. These combo already overshoot my budget so I want to make sure that I listen to them first. Are there any options in Pune or Mumbai. Where I can visit and listen to them.
Or any other options recommended by fellow members, for me this will be one-time purchase and won't be looking for upgrade for next 10 years may be.

Hi All greetings from Pune I have decided to purchase my first stereo setup I can spend around INR 80000-100000.

I am looking at going for Rotel A10 or A 11 or Cambridge Audio AXA 50 and Polk R100 or KEF 150, I have not listened to any one of them and I am not sure how will they sound. So anyone here who owns any of these combos or has listened to them. These combo already overshoot my budget so I want to make sure that I listen to them first. Are there any options in Pune or Mumbai. Where I can visit and listen to them.
Or any other options recommended by fellow members, for me this will be one-time purchase and won't be looking for upgrade for next 10 years may be.
Hello, you have mentioned the amps of your choice but you haven't told us which speakers have you chosen and also we don't know which sources (vinyl, CD or streaming services) do you have. However, as a rule of thumb do get a good set of passive speakers first and then decide which amp do you require. Having gone through your thread I think that you want some thing which will stay with you for atleast ten years so get an amp which has streaming capabilities or get a decent amp and a good DAC if you are into streaming else an amp, a set of speakers are enough. Save some money for interconnects and speaker wires. But audition speakers and amps before buying those and take some cds or vinyls of your choice for audition.Hope you will find a decent system .
Regards
My bad , i have just found that you have mentioned speakers also.

Room size and listening distance is also a very important factor to consider. Pls look in the forum classifieds too since some good pre-owned gear in decent condition at a good deal can be found if you are lucky considering that the prices of AV gear in today's times have sky rocketed.
All the best in your search.

Hello, you have mentioned the amps of your choice but you haven't told us which speakers have you chosen and also we don't know which sources (vinyl, CD or streaming services) do you have. However, as a rule of thumb do get a good set of passive speakers first and then decide which amp do you require. Having gone through your thread I think that you want some thing which will stay with you for atleast ten years so get an amp which has streaming capabilities or get a decent amp and a good DAC if you are into streaming else an amp, a set of speakers are enough. Save some money for interconnects and speaker wires. But audition speakers and amps before buying those and take some cds or vinyls of your choice for audition.Hope you will find a decent system .
Regards
My bad , i have just found that you have mentioned speakers also.
I have planned to use WiiM Pro for streaming and will get CD player later. I have some childhood CDs of Taal, Bombay, some other AR rahman music which I would love to hear.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back