Fishing for some DAC info

blackhorn

Well so here goes, my audio chain is bit like this.

HTPC, or Apple TV HD
Arcam irdac(connected via USB to HTPC and optical to apple tv)
Exposure 2010s2(amp)

I have a htpc, with windows installed, I use foobar for FLAC(which i have used for the last 5-6 years). Also occasionally use Amazon music for titles unavailable in FLAC
Also I use MPC-HC for watching movies I have on HDD. And for streaming video I generally use apple tv hd.

My question is regarding the players I can use with Irdac to get bit perfect output(for audio specifically), or should I use other softwares(JRiver, powerDVD et al), in case the world has moved on from foobar.

Secondly this goes the same for MPC-HC (with MadVR), or are there better option out there for playing videos.

I also use airplay to stream songs from iphone to apple tv hd, when I had apple tv 3, the optical out was connected to the dac, but now, with support diminishing, I had to upgrade, and that meant I now have to route it through the TV.

I have gone through certain threads but couldn't find the relevant info so posting here.

Well so here goes, my audio chain is bit like this.

HTPC, or Apple TV HD
Arcam irdac(connected via USB to HTPC and optical to apple tv)
Exposure 2010s2(amp)

I have a htpc, with windows installed, I use foobar for FLAC(which i have used for the last 5-6 years). Also occasionally use Amazon music for titles unavailable in FLAC
Also I use MPC-HC for watching movies I have on HDD. And for streaming video I generally use apple tv hd.

My question is regarding the players I can use with Irdac to get bit perfect output(for audio specifically), or should I use other softwares(JRiver, powerDVD et al), in case the world has moved on from foobar.

Secondly this goes the same for MPC-HC (with MadVR), or are there better option out there for playing videos.

I also use airplay to stream songs from iphone to apple tv hd, when I had apple tv 3, the optical out was connected to the dac, but now, with support diminishing, I had to upgrade, and that meant I now have to route it through the TV.

I have gone through certain threads but couldn't find the relevant info so posting here.
That's a great chain. In my opinion, the world or most of the world is still with you, using Foobar + Wasapi component and MPC-HC with bitstream enabled.

go for km player
Welcome to the forum. We as members love intricate details about everything. We would love to know more about this player, added features compared to the above-mentioned players, and what are the best settings to be used.

MaSh

MaSh

That's a great chain. In my opinion, the world or most of the world is still with you, using Foobar + Wasapi component and MPC-HC with bitstream enabled.

Welcome to the forum. We as members love intricate details about everything. We would love to know more about this player, added features compared to the above-mentioned players, and what are the best settings to be used.

MaSh

MaSh
Thanks bud, I guess time to refresh my FLAC library. And update myself :)

go for km player

for video?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back