FitBit Sense or Versa 3 or anything else?

Yogesh

No Where Near to where I want to be yet...
I was looking for a Smart Watch mainly for health and activity tracking. Was confused between Versa and Sense. Sense provides mostly ECG sensor in addition to features provided by Versa. I am not sure how much accurate or beneficial that would be?

I was looking at Charge 5, But family and myself thought of additional fashion and functional utility of smart watch would be a better choice.

My choice of FitBit is based on reviews about accuracy of sensors on FitBit being better compared to competition (Barring Apple of course which is not an option for me!). Kindly feel free to suggest if you believe there are better options. I don't prefer Chinese brands (that may leave Samsung, Garmin and Indian brands in the fray or some other great options that I am not aware of). Indian brands currently not up to the mark for my requirements I believe.

Look forward to great suggestions!

I am in Fitbit ecosystem for last 7 years (Surge > Ionic > Sense) and selected a model with the GPS to track my Runs. While Surge was not very durable (got a free replacement once) and got refund for Ionic recall, I am pretty satisfied with Sense. Better battery backup compared to previous models and sync with the smartphone is actually reliable and stable now (Smartwatch features works reliably).
To answer your question regarding ECG sensor, I have used it initially to test but this is not something which will be used regularly at least in my case.

In Fitbit, I believe Charge 5 is the best combination of features & price. My wife is a fan of their devices for their sleek look & functionality. She shifted to a Galaxy Watch Active 2 for a year, but that went kaput with water damage (though it was Water resistant up to 5 ATM, Samsung refused any help), so she shifted back to Fitbit.

I personally use a Garmin Vivoactive 3. Have been with me for more than 3 years now. Spectacular battery life & activity tracking features. You can look at vivoactive 4 or Venu Sq 2. They are generally pricier in India. I got mine from Italy for 220 Euros (approx INR18000) when it was retailing here for around INR 26000.

If you are in Apple ecosystem, Apple Watch is the most versatile. It'll have every feature you need & then some more. But poor battery life.

I suggest that you first decide your preference between fitness tracking and smart features. If you are more into fitness, go for Fitbit or Garmin. Otherwise, Samsung & Apple for Smart features.

Forerunner
In Fitbit, I believe Charge 5 is the best combination of features & price. My wife is a fan of their devices for their sleek look & functionality. She shifted to a Galaxy Watch Active 2 for a year, but that went kaput with water damage (though it was Water resistant up to 5 ATM, Samsung refused any help), so she shifted back to Fitbit.

I personally use a Garmin Vivoactive 3. Have been with me for more than 3 years now. Spectacular battery life & activity tracking features. You can look at vivoactive 4 or Venu Sq 2. They are generally pricier in India. I got mine from Italy for 220 Euros (approx INR18000) when it was retailing here for around INR 26000.

If you are in Apple ecosystem, Apple Watch is the most versatile. It'll have every feature you need & then some more. But poor battery life.

I suggest that you first decide your preference between fitness tracking and smart features. If you are more into fitness, go for Fitbit or Garmin. Otherwise, Samsung & Apple for Smart features.
Forerunner 45 seems interesting and VFM. Any take on that?

Forerunner

Forerunner 45 seems interesting and VFM. Any take on that?
Forerunner is a good option if yu are serious about fitness tracking especially running. I opted for Vivoactive as it has more smart features plus support for music storage.

Frankly, I do not interact with the smartwatch other than starting & stopping the activities. I don't even cheej notifications now. The craze was there for initial few days.😀

In place of looking at used watches, I seriously suggest looking at Fitbit Charge 5.

If you are a regular runner and serious about your running/fitness then get a specialized device from the likes of Garmin or Coros or and such. These offer myriad of different metrics and data points to keep the most hardcore fitness freak sated.

I have been using Vivoactive for the past couple of years, it is a fantastic device for anyone who is into outdoor runs or cycling. Along with the Garmin connect app offers great insights into your fitness regime, what you are doing right and wrong. For most of us all that is actually not needed. Those who wish to stay fit and healthy will find enough use with their Samsung or Apple or Amazefit even.

The cheap alternatives though do more harm than good, inaccurate tracking and reporting can ruin your run!

My tracking would be mostly Cycling, Cardio (Steps/Skipping), Walking, TT, Badminton etc. On top of that I will be hoping to track Oxygen and Heart rate.

My preference for FitBit came from online reviews of sensor accuracy. There is one YTuber who compares these performances against medical grade sensors. Apple & FitBit seem to score higher with Huawei. Garmin higher end watches also do well. Samsung seems to be a little behind. Amazfit being worse. Apple s out of reach and out of Android eco system that I prefer. hence prefereence for FitBit.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back