Flight Cases

Nikhil

Staff member
I have been looking at purchasing a couple of flight cases to transport my gear as and when needed. I have always cringed at the thought of sending them packed in cardboard boxes albeit reinforced with bubble wrap and thermocol. Yesterday I looked up flight case suppliers online and found a couple of suppliers listed on various online portals.

Ajay Metal Industries from Mumbai contacted me almost immediately after I posted my requirement. After briefly exchanging notes he whatsapped me with details of his stock and prices. After receiving offers from other suppliers, I decided to go with Ajay Metal and completed the transaction via online bank transfer. Will keep forum members updated with details as it unfolds.

Price Rs 3,800 each
Dimensions: 19 " x 24 " x 7" (approx) with foam inside.

Here are some more details for those interested.

Flight Cases - stainless steel and ball corners Manufacturer | Ajay Metal Industries, Mumbai

Pictures the vendor sent me when I asked him for some more details.

Ajay%20Metal%20Brochure.jpg

Ajay%20Metal%20Flight%20Cases.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to know what these weigh, empty. Nowadays I find with reduced baggage allowances, bag weight should be factored in for planning. Do update once you get the case.

Do post pictures when you get them Nikhil. The price seems very good.
Cheers,
Sid

Yes, his prices are very competitive.
Another supplier quoted Rs 6,000/- each + VAT for my requirement.

@George: I don't have the info right now but will post it as soon as possible.

Last edited:
SUPER info Nikhil,

The price too seems excellent.

When you receive these, can you please also post a pic of the Sponge lining inside ?

Thanks

SUPER info Nikhil,

The price too seems excellent.

When you receive these, can you please also post a pic of the Sponge lining inside ?

Thanks

Dinyaar,

He is right in your backyard.

Ajay Metal Industries
S. K. Chouhan
No. 125, Patel Mansion, No. 14,
2nd Floor, 4th Kumbharwada,
Near Goldewal Temple
Mumbai - 400004

He makes custom cases as well but I've ordered the stock item which seems like it might do the job.

Regards.

Flight cases came in a few days ago. Vendor used BATCO Roadlines which is a no frills transporter.
I had to go to their godown to pick up the material. Fortunately the location is not far from where I live.

Transportation Charges Rs 220/-

Here are some pictures.

IMG_20150310_125633.jpg

IMG_20150310_125713.jpg

IMG_20150310_125819.jpg

IMG_20150310_131037.jpg

The flight cases will do the job adequately but were not exactly what I wanted. The foam is a very thin rubberized layer over the inner casing. I will need to use bubble wrap or foam to reinforce the packaging. Also the cases have a rail onto which I assume pro audio rack mount amps can be fastened with a set of four fly bolts (supplied).

It is a 3 piece construction with a top and bottom detachable covers. The latches are a very sturdy construction that will take all the beating of transportation. Once the butterfly locks are in place the top and bottom covers are secured. Two spring load SS handles are provided on the sides to help lift the box. Ball corners are provided on all four corners of the case. Fittings are very good and rugged.

Weight of each is close to 8 kg.

IMG_20150310_131057.jpg

IMG_20150310_131114.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to know what these weigh, empty. Nowadays I find with reduced baggage allowances, bag weight should be factored in for planning.

Quite a valid point. I happened to bring back the SACD player given away by Sidvee which I had collected long back and was left at Hyderabad due to weight issues on my way back. It was wrapped in Bubble wrap, HDPE lining, Thermacol and double boxed. The total weight of 14 Kgs ate away all my baggage allowance. The total weight (excluding the cabin baggage) was 17.5 kgs. I had to cough out Rs. 500/- for excess 2 Kgs.

Hi Captain,

The term "flight case" probably give the impression that these are to be used on travel by plane. (Just kidding!)
Yes these are not lightweight with emphasis being on providing protection for the gear.
All buckles and fittings are SS so all in all it is heavy case.

My plan is to have a nice rugged travel case anytime I plan to transfer my gear when I travel by road, rail or air.
No more worrying about the fragile cardboard box packaging for me.

Maybe you missed it but I mentioned that the weight of each is close to 8 kg.
I have to check this but this is what the transporter said when I went to pick them up.

Regards.

I placed an order for a case with this company and transferred 3600 for one case. I actually wanted 3 but wanted to test one out. Sorry to say after he received the funds he stopped responding. Before I placed the order he was chasing me almost on a daily basis. Anyways I will update the thread if there is any resolution but otherwise be careful in dealing with this company.
Cheers,
Sid

Too bad...hope it gets resolved.

BTW, you may get them locally too. I saw flight cases are available
in Gujarati Galli in Koti - there are speaker shops tucked away towards
the back, which seem to have cases, though I am not sure of the
selection/sizes.

These also seem to be manufacturers in Hyd itself (google search for "DJ case") -

https://www.indiamart.com/fasttrack-flight-cases-cabinets/products.html

I placed an order for a case with this company and transferred 3600 for one case. I actually wanted 3 but wanted to test one out. Sorry to say after he received the funds he stopped responding. Before I placed the order he was chasing me almost on a daily basis. Anyways I will update the thread if there is any resolution but otherwise be careful in dealing with this company.
Cheers,
Sid

Ajay Metal? That is really disappointing.
Like you said - he is pretty aggressive but seemed straight forward.

I'll follow up from my side to see why he hasn't responded.

Edit: Just pinged him via Whatsapp.
Says you will get your material Monday. Has despatched the material yesterday.

Last edited:
I am still waiting for the case. Ajay Metal owner says he shipped it - but he is refusing to give me a docket number or even respond to my many requests.
At this point I am inclined to believe that I have been taken for a ride. So my initial assessment still stands - beware of Ajay Metal Industries, he is likely to cheat you.
Cheers,
Sid

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back