Flight transportation: How to bring it back?

gobble

Hello

What is the best way to bring any a/v gear - in its original carton packaging or inside the suitcase without carton?

The traveler has one check-in bag + 1 cabin bag + 1 laptop. Is it allowed to carry two check-in baggage + 1 cabin + 1 laptop + duty free bag?

Need your urgent advice on this.

Regards

Depends on the Flight and Country they are travelling from. From the UK only Air-India allows Two pieces of Checked-in luggage, So may be the AVR stuff could be on it's own carton and marked Fragile so that it's been handled with care.

I'm not 100% sure - But from US also you can check in Two pieces of luggage.

Gobble, in my experiece have carried laptop plus one more cabin baggage without issue. And then the checked in baggage. I would say its better to tpt in original carton if its decently packed. I brought my AVR like that, and fortunately, it turned out fine.
Titus

A lot of checked in baggage depends upon the Airline. Some like Singapore Airlines and Emirates are very fastidious about weight. They don't care about the number of checked in bag. American airlines worry about number of max 2. They do not worry about weight.

Hand baggage is usually 1. This does not include a laptop that is usually allowed. Most airlines do not worry about two handbags as long as they are not very large and do not look heavy.

Duty free bag is never considered, so do not worry about that.

Cheers

You better check the policy of the airlines on their site. it varies a lot.

I have gotten avr both in its own carton as well as packed in a large suitcase. No issues.

Dont mark it as fragile. The baggage handlers dont give a damn about fragile stickers etc. Its not for your benefit but for their benefit. If you mark it as fragile, and it breaks during handling, they can easily get away by saying that it was fragile so it broke. They dont give a damn about customers:lol:

I suggest that you pick up your duty free here in Bangalore and avoid carting it around- especially since your hands will be full, unless you are buying some exotic stuff that you wont get over here. Prices here are also a bit lower.

George

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back