Flipkart - A great experience -Highly Recommended

svenkateshsmart

Dear Friends,

I would like to share my recent shopping experience with Flipkart!

I have been busy in the past with several job changes and was completely off the online world, up until recently when I became active again.

Again, the shopping bug has bitten me badly and this time it is a phone rather than an AV equipment. I stumbled upon a thread in HFV which discussed about Apple, Samsung, Motorola, which rekindled my interest in getting a smartphone.

I was on the lookout for smartphone with at least 1gz processor and something that would get the ICS upgrade. I initially leaned towards Samsung but then decided against it due to the cost of SII and the note was too big to be a mobile device, for me. I was then leaning towards Motorola Defy Plus which looked great but missed front-facing cam and very less after-sales service centres in Chennai.

I was then comparing all the competitors of Samsung SII and learned that (not sure) that the other galaxy (R, SL, Plus) devices would not get ICS upgrade due to TouchWiz which was a big disappointment. So, was thinking to go with other brands. I was then considering HTC which was again too pricey and then finally LG, from my past experience as a LG-P500 user.

I shortlisted LG Optimus Black and 2x and was going through comparison reviews of these phones with Samsung Galaxy SII. I then visited the local vendors, Poorvika and Univercell, and took a personal look at Optimus Black and 2x; the Black was around 18K and 2x around 27K. I then procured my friends 2x and called another friend using the SII and we did a side-by-side comparison on several things: Screen Size, Resolution, Audio quality, call quality, battery life, UI, stability, gaming, video, youtube streaming, tethering, skype calling, downloading, image capturing and video recording among others. We found that the LG 2x came close in most of the tests and I found it to be acceptable, as I am no Android Developer.

Then I found it to be available in Flipkart for an unbelievable price of 19.5K, and the best price I could get in the local market was 24K. This deal was hard to refuse and went ahead with the purchase with Flipkart. Although I was wary initially, with my exposure to card disputes, I decided to make the purchase using my credit card, which would always give me an advantage in case of any issues.

I eventually placed the order on 26th after reading reviews on Flipkart and inquiring about their service, shipping strategy, etc. The order went through successfully and I got the email confirmation about the order, which also said the estimated shipping time of 2-4 days and the expected delivery date of December 31st. I was positive that I would get the product, at worst, by January 2 or 3rd. However, I wanted to try my luck with the Flipkart customer care. Just found them on twitter and tweeted them about my order and posed some generic questions about their services at 11:45 pm yesterday. I have never revealed my account name, order ID, email ID and absolutely nothing. To my biggest surprise, I received a reply stating that it was shipped and stated that they had also sent me an email on this. I checked my inbox and, yes, indeed, there was a mail about the shipment with the tracking#.

It said "Flipkart - Self-Delivery", I thought "what the heck, do I need to go and collect it from somewhere" and then googled out and found that it was their own logistics department, available in all metros. However, I was still not very confident about the shipment, even though the tracking status said: it was shipped around 4:52 pm and left Bangalore at 7:38 p.m.

In one of my tweets, I asked whether I could receive the product by tomorrow. They said they would look into it. Again, I received another e-mail this morning confirming that I would receive the product within 24 hours.:licklips: I convinced myself and consoled that it is all in the game and was keeping myself not excited till I see the phone and that too in a working condition.:cool:

I had to leave to AP today on a "study visit" and was not thinking about this. Another surprise call from an unknown # and the voice said "Sir, I am from Flipkart, for parcel, coming in 10 mins, near your place, where sir. (trans-literated) at 11:30 a.m. today. I asked him to come around 2 p.m. and told them I am nearby;), stuck up in a task, will be there by 2 and told him it was important that I received it today and I made a special request with Flipkart, etc.;) and he was okay with it.

I slept off from tiredness from driving 200+ kms. Around 3:45 p.m., someone rang the bell and there was a fellow with a parcel and he asked if I am S. Venkatesh and he checked my ID and handedover the parcel and before I could reach my pocket for a tip (which I normally do), he fled off the scene screaming "sir, lot of work, urgent consignments."

Still I am not convinced, took the digital camera, shot everything from label to packing till I switched on the phone and my observations are:
1. The model is same.
2. Indian Version
3. August 2011 batch
4. Factory sealed Pack
5. Excellent Packing
6. Invoice, service centre details, gift coupon
7. New Phone
8. All accessories intact
9. Phone and its accessories are working.

I found Flipkart's services to be excellent and they offer the following:
1. Fast delivery
2. True 24x7 customer support (if you dont believe, visit their twitter page)
3. 3-day price guarantee for mobiles
4. Cash on delivery for skeptics
5. 30-day replacement guarantee for accessories
6. 2-day replacement guarantee for faulty products.

Short and simple, I had yet another great deal and pleasant experience!

Kudos to Flipkart and its team and wish them all the best!

Thank you all for reading this!

Cheers!

Venkat

p.s.: Will insert the photos later.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
flipkart is outstanding! never let me down even once! and believe me i order a lot of Lp's... the delivery guy comes over almost every week!

flipkart is outstanding! never let me down even once! and believe me i order a lot of Lp's... the delivery guy comes over almost every week!

Yes, indeed, they are. Among everything, I found their customer service to be awesome, those guys never sleep - just like us!

Congrats on your Purchase. I have tried many online websites , but not flipkart.
Its definitely worth trying based on your review. Thanks.

Among everything, I found their customer service to be awesome, those guys never sleep - just like us!

Once I ordered a game DVD which needed an online activation code that was used already (not flipkart's problem).. I had to call everyday for a full week to get the problem fixed... and each day I had to tell the whole story over again. Each day they would say they would sent someone for replacement but the next day another CS rep would start afresh (in spite of quoting the order # etc). :mad:

Ah !!! Some one offering a true 24x7 support. Tempting to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

Is this just sales support or do we even get tech support... :D

I had a mixed experience with flipkart.

When I ordered music CDs everything was prompt. Later I placed order for Russell hobbs juicer , it came without warranty card, no address and nothing the top cap was completely broken. Reported the same yet to receive the replacement. Months passed.. They say replacement is on the way...............:rolleyes:

Used flipkart thrice and had a great experience each time, extremely prompt shipping/confirmation.

I had a mixed experience with flipkart.

When I ordered music CDs everything was prompt. Later I placed order for Russell hobbs juicer , it came without warranty card, no address and nothing the top cap was completely broken. Reported the same yet to receive the replacement. Months passed.. They say replacement is on the way...............:rolleyes:

They are in banglore, why you ordered online, you could have collected directly:D

Good to hear your pleasant experience, Venkatesh, Letsbuy also give excellent service delivered a monitor within 4 days and the packing was excellent. For info, the online site Bitfang increased the monitor price by 3k after i inquired.So ple be wary of that site.

I can certainly vouch for the quality of delivery, promptness to questions and also price of Flipkart. I bought 6 to 7 things from them and they always deliver what they promise all the time. Price is always best in the market and also with guarantee warrenty.

I hope they continue their good work and not become complacent like most indian companies become after initial success.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back