Flipkart blocks your account if you order more than 1 HDD

moshel

Would like to share my recent experience on flipkart:
Sometime ago I ordered 2 external HDDs from flipkart. Paid COD and got delivery pretty quickly. It was a nice experience.
Then a few days ago, I ordered a Xbox 360 and selected COD. Two days later got the following email:
This is to inform you that we tried contacting you to confirm a few details before we could process your order OD40726131550 but were unable to reach you. Due to insufficient details the order had to be cancelled.
This step was taken keeping your interests in mind and to maintain the security of your account.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
I ignored it.
Again few days later, I ordered few clothes from FK and paid online through Netbanking. Again two days later I got the same email as mentioned above and my order was cancelled.
I sent a message to the customer support from flipkar website on 15 Aug 2014:
"I have received e-mail saying This is to inform you that we tried contacting you to confirm a few details before we could process your order OD40813138424 but were unable to reach you. Due to insufficient details the order had to be cancelled. However, no one ever contacted me for few details. This is the second time this has happened. And this time it wasnt even COD, I paid beforehand. Please explain the reason for cancellation."
I received a reply stating that someone will call me in 1-2 business days.
I again sent a mail on 22 August 2014
Once again no one has called me.
Please let me know in clear terms if you have blocked my account and if you will continue cancelling my orders. If this is the case then I won't waste my time on your website again.
Regards,Moshel
Today (23 August 2014), I got the following reply:
Hi Moshel,
Order ID: OD40813138424
Thank you for writing to us.
First of all I would like to apologise for the delay occurred in responding to your Email. I assure you that such will not occur in future.
I'm sorry that your orders are getting cancelled. After checking with our concerned team, I would like to inform you that I see you had placed orders for more than 1 quantities for " External Hard Drive" and also we see that an account is associated with this particular account. Hence, your account has been blocked and you will be unable to proceed with the orders.
I request your kind understanding and patience in this regard.
Please write back to us should you have any other questions or need further assistance.
Regards,
Little P.
Customer Support

In any case that's all for me with Flipkart ain't gonna take any trouble fighting over it. This is just for everyone's information.

In my case I could not place an order for two micro SD cards. The website did not allow me. When I called they clarified that this is to prevent resellers from stocking in bulk after getting good bargain from FK.

But your case is strange. A sure way to lose business. Put it on mouthshut for more prominent publicity so somebody will realize one day.

Probably you guys are buying in bulk (?!!!) ;) and reselling them at higher rates!!!! That's what they think!!! (Xiamoi now sold in other sites with higher rates!!!) So they think you are copying the same. It's getting closer to "Whether i should i stop buying from flipkart and look elsewhere!!!"

Considering 2 units as bulk order is ridiculous and I believe flipkart should have enough algorithms to check previous orders to find out if the buyer is genuine or not.

1-2 month back I had bought a san disk dual pen drive from flipkart. Now I am planning to buy another one tomorrow. I guess now they would block My account as well!! :D

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back