floor stand speaker placement

rajvinder

can i place my fs speaker on wooden base?
or it is stirctly recommende to b kept on floor?
thanks
regards
rajvinder

Hi,

I am no expert in this, but here is my suggestion..

The tweeter level of your FS should be at your ear level, wherever you place your FS,..

Thanks,

Regards,

Sreejith

why wooden base? just make sure the speaker doesn't move.

Because whr I wl b keeping my speaker it is a showcase area, tht showcase base is a thick plywood , u cn say 5inch above the floor, I wl b keepng it on tht , and for movng thng as u said , I wl make sure tht I wl keep a carpet on tht wooden base and thn my fs on tht carpet

FS should be kept on a firm & solid base and independent of any other furniture. That's why on-the-floor/carpet/Wooden slab is preferable.

Using a wooden base like that might give you a very boomy bass.
Not an issue if you want to have that bass sound.

I prefer to mount my speakers with a set of steel speaker spikes.
For my tastes the bass tightens up and is a much more coherent sound.

Last edited:
Using a wooden base like that might give you a very boomy bass.
Not an issue if you want to have that bass sound.

I prefer to mount my speakers with a set of steel speaker spikes.
For my tastes the bass tightens up and is a much more coherent sound.
Sir I wl b gettng polk audio rti a5, thy dnt hav a spikes down

Sir I wl b gettng polk audio rti a5, thy dnt hav a spikes down

Rajvinder, I have the same speakers bought a couple of months ago. They do come with spikes and I have a small mat (1 sqft) underneath. I haven't done any scientific comparison but by doing so I am getting tighter bass.

Rajvinder, I have the same speakers bought a couple of months ago. They do come with spikes and I have a small mat (1 sqft) underneath. I haven't done any scientific comparison but by doing so I am getting tighter bass.

Thts gud, even I wl b doing same bcoz my showcase area is lik tht ki I hav to place mt speaker lik tht , anyways thank u so much 4 reply

Because whr I wl b keeping my speaker it is a showcase area, tht showcase base is a thick plywood , u cn say 5inch above the floor, I wl b keepng it on tht , and for movng thng as u said , I wl make sure tht I wl keep a carpet on tht wooden base and thn my fs on tht carpet

Methinks this might causr an issue coz your cabinet may vibrate! That'll ruin the sound for sure. No way to judge beforehand though, so you'll have to take a call

Tweeter at ear level? I auditioned most of the FS standing, the tweeter was no higher than my hip, but I still loved what I heard.

I am infact planning to put FS speakers on top of a wooden cabinet (with spikes ofcourse) thats 18" high. Can someone give me a strong reason not to?

Ideally, speakers should not be touching any surface, least of all- a container - like a cabinet. That's why spikes are used while placing on the floor. At higher volumes or in case of a bass-rich music, there are unwanted vibrations in the adjoining objects, like a(hollow) cabinet. At lower volumes or in case of vocal-rich songs, the reverberations will not be very noticeable. Placing without spikes on solid floor also is a good option.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back