floor standers for a new bee

An AVR of 30k price will not be having enough power to drive a decent pair of floorstanders. I suggest you go with a stereo amp with FS/BS combo. Later buy a powerful AVR or a Pre+power combo and part away or use the stereo amp as power amp with avr combination.

well yes..buy carefully..a 30k avr really wont drive 60k Fs properly..

assuming your total budget 90k..
lets start from denon 2113---45k..
and KEF C series or Q series centre,and fronts ....45k...

buy sub and rears later....

this combo is extremely good at this budget...obviosly demo others as well as per demo avilability

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway you need to be looking at the RTi series or TSi 500 from Polk, for the room size mentioned. BTW RTis are widely acknowledged to be better than the TSis. Buy the biggest that fits the budget.

But also remember that powerful speakers need powerful AVRs to drive them.

IMHO RTi (even A5) would require something on the lines of a Denon 2313 or Onkyo 717 to drive them.

Dont buy AVRs in India. Indian prices are OBSCENE!!! Look for a long lost friend/ relative to hand carry them from abroad.

I saved a flat 28K on an Onkyo 616 this way!!!

really true to some brands....
you can consider onkyo 616/yamaha 673 which is 60k---55k here....only 40k---37k in e bay global easy buy....more cheaper if you buy from amazon or newegg and import yourself.
but consider 110v case and no warranty..

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly.

Anyway you need to be looking at the RTi series or TSi 500 from Polk, for the room size mentioned. BTW RTis are widely acknowledged to be better than the TSis. Buy the biggest that fits the budget.

But also remember that powerful speakers need powerful AVRs to drive them.

IMHO RTi (even A5) would require something on the lines of a Denon 2313 or Onkyo 717 to drive them.

Dont buy AVRs in India. Indian prices are OBSCENE!!! Look for a long lost friend/ relative to hand carry them from abroad.

I saved a flat 28K on an Onkyo 616 this way!!!

Hi Buddy,

Many thanx for your reponses over PM..i was able to save 45K on Onkyo TX-NR 818..I bought mine for 44K including the USB wireless adapter from Kuwait thru my friend...Prices in India are just really absurd for high end models...818 retails in india around 90K :sad:

it is..818 is 60k with all shipping and taxes etc...all in all...in e bay global...and in kolkata it was quated 95k.......!!!!!!!!!!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back