Floorstanders setup for only music

Triangle makes very good speakers. You could also explore the Blumenhofer Fun 13 (an entry level floorstanding speaker from Blumenhofer), I listened to these recently (albeit on an expensive amp) and they sounded great. If your budget permits, you should audition these too.

Since as you say, you are setting on your audiophile journey, do consider the speaker choice. As per reviews, the Antal 902 is known for massive sound, but is hardly refined/nuanced. You might soon outgrow its sound once you start listening to better sounding systems. At the beginning Rock may sound like big sound fun, but as you get into good recordings, you realise there are intricate melodies and harmonies involved too. There are many worthy recommendations given by other FMs - you’d eventually realise that you get better advise from FMs than dealers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys roadfiend is right its not Antal 902 but Astra 902. You will not find these speakers on internet as it is something specially for Audio planet and for his india based customers. Mr. Palani recently told me the same :)

Greetings Friends - Happy New Year!!!

I was able to get Mr Palani's time today and visited Audio Planet. Based on his patient undertaking of blind audition, the following was the recommendation:
Speakers - Pair of Triangle Astra 902.
Amplifier - Cambridge Audio CXA60.
Streamer - Cambridge Audio CXN V2.
Should cost around 3.2 including a BT dongle and cabling.

I had a similar experience at Audio Planet

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back