Floorstanders + surround package recommendations for Pioneer Elite VSX-21 TXH

nomdeplume

Hello guys,

Finally got a chance to come Stateside, and the first thing I've done is plonked the cash for a Receiver.

Was blown away by the sound coming from the Pioneer Elite combined with speakers from Vienna Audio.

Unfortunately, the Viennas are heavy (35lbs each) and expensive ($1000 EACH. Ouch!).

Was not impressed with a Mirage package retailing here at $850.
A package from Definitive was better @ $1500.

Wanted reco's from fellow HFV'ers on what speakers I could pair this receiver to. 70% music, 30% TV / Movies.

Floorstanders within 50k, overall package within 75k (will have to buy surrounds later otherwise).

Suggestions welcome.

Amandeep

if youre going in for a sub as part of the plan you do not require floorstanders. in that price range theres the wharedales, monitor audio bronze, kef iq series and the ushers.

if youre listening is going to be 70% music i would suggest a pure stereo setup.

@ afj:
Thanx for your inputs. Will check out the options in pure stereo setup more closely. Was wondering whether I should get a set of floorstanders AND a surround package, and switch between 2.0 mode for music and 5.1 for movies. You think that's workable?

@ Chirag:
I know about chasing deals. Was about to put the cash down on Denon 2310 - that is marked down to $550 or so.
Then I listened to the VSX-21 in comparison to the Pioneer with the same speakers, and decided to take it. Paid $700 - last 2 pieces at Best Buy in NJ. I know their District Manager. You want me to check reg. stock availability? Lemme know fast - will go there again tomorrow / day after.

Ciao.
Amandeep

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back