FM Antenna for Long Distant Reception

Thinking of buying Norge 300 AM/FM Tuner as I failed in searching a Used/New Analog Tuner in SP Road, Bengaluru. How's Norge 300? Dealer is quoting 5.5k + Courier. One of the members here is quoting 4.5k.

Thinking of buying Norge 300 AM/FM Tuner as I failed in searching a Used/New Analog Tuner in SP Road, Bengaluru. How's Norge 300? Dealer is quoting 5.5k + Courier. One of the members here is quoting 4.5k.

Their is a Denon tuner on sale in the "For Sale" section under Classifieds. Just grab it.

Am using norge tuner. Sensitivity is very good. I receive karaikal AIR 100.3 in Chennai with just an internal antenna. But there is no manual tuning knob. If you know frequency of FM stations around your native then okay. Again worst tuning feature great in sensitive and selective. If you decide Norge go for model MKIII. lower versions are very bad.

Reporting a pleasant surprise ;)

During the run up to the Deepawali we are in the old market area which also has several TV show rooms. I just walked into one and asked if they had TV antenna. To my astonishment they had a full range of Yagi's including Signal Boosters. These are of current make and come from New Delhi.

I physically saw the item and the build quality is just as good/bad it was in the old days. I liked an 11 element 2M Yagi which I may pick up for FM DXing. Total wt seemed to be under 2kg.

The fixtures are made of galvanised MS and they seemed rather flimsy. But it is easy to get SS replacement. The boom, elements and deflector of the Yagi are as usual made of aluminium so no worries there.

Thus I would suggest not to loose heart and explore the bylanes before going ebay or DIY. I too was thinking these were extinct, specially after my electronic dukandar was so confident that the world has moved on, but thankfully these simple joys are still around.

Gives me courage to go around and scrounge in Bangalore. I have very little hope in this "IT" city. Still I may get lucky.....:eek:hyeah:

Gives me courage to go around and scrounge in Bangalore. I have very little hope in this "IT" city. Still I may get lucky.....:eek:hyeah:

I searched whole SP Road and National Market Area for a Tuner and Antenna Setup. Every dealer I used to ask there were very surprised for a soul who was searching Yagi Antenna and a FM Tuner :p The answer was big NO. I searched for whole one day and I didnt get atleast one positive reply or a reference where I might get the stuff I was looking for!:rolleyes:

Go to a shop selling 14" portable TVs to slum-dwellers (don't go to high-end showrooms that sell LCD / LED TVs). Ask for a Door Darshan antenna (which is a directional Yagi antenna). I got one such a thing for Rs.300/- in Gujarati Galli in Hyderabad.

Alternatively, you can get a stainless steel antenna fabricated. The cost involved is Rs.700/- for a single-loop quad antenna, and Rs.1,200/- for a folded dipole antenna. Make sure that your fabircator uses atleast an 8 mm. pipe for making the antenna.

The advantage with single-loop quad antenna is that you don't have to employ a balun for impedance matching.

Hi all, pl visit similar thread on improving fm reception and fm transistor495 has given an excellent option. Hope it helps thanks

back in the day (early to mid 1980s), boosters from MC industries and other companies used to have VHF Band I, II and III listed on the specs. Band I covered the VHF frequency range for TV channels 1 to 5, and Band III for TV channels 6 to 12. Band II was for FM.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back