FM tuner in 3k range

CD quality ... are you joking?

Sure! You can not expect anything from aged, or poor aligned tuner which is fed few feet of bare copper wire as an antenna. It can not decode the stereo from received garbage signal. Sometime tuner has no capability from its manufacturer or already lost in due course of time. In city multipath signal kills stereo imaging and replaces it with HF noise.

For proper reception along with good tuner, you need good antenna and matching wire connection also. Its not that straight forward and easy.

Have anybody ever heard tuner with FM YAGI antenna which puts 1000-1200V (~0.1mV) signal into tuner ? :D

+1, I have heard tuner at Omji's place.

When we first turned on the tuner the reception was so clean and "crystal clear". I am short of words to say how clean it sounds :) In fact I did not realize that he was playing an FM station! It is a very clean sound with excellent detailing and reception. Not a hint of noise or distortion!

So there is definitely something that is done right here and there are more than one things done right :) It is very carefully and painstakingly assembled together to achieve that level of sound quality.

It is the best FM reception that I have heard till date.

I have realized it that just buying and placing equipment on racks is just half of the work done. The most important work is to fine tune it and adjust it. The last 10% is most painstaking which only the truly passionate ones pursue.

Sure! You can not expect anything from aged, or poor aligned tuner which is fed few feet of bare copper wire as an antenna. It can not decode the stereo from received garbage signal. Sometime tuner has no capability from its manufacturer or already lost in due course of time. In city multipath signal kills stereo imaging and replaces it with HF noise.

For proper reception along with good tuner, you need good antenna and matching wire connection also. Its not that straight forward and easy.

Have anybody ever heard tuner with FM YAGI antenna which puts 1000-1200V (~0.1mV) signal into tuner ? :D

Neeraj..May I know from where you are getting Harman Kardon TU911. I am asking because earlier I had a Harman Kardon TU911A digital tuner with 16 memory presets. It was a very nice tuner in terms of sound quality, sensitivity.

I still have the old TV antennae on the roof with old antenna wire intact. I have connected the same to my system. Kolkata is about 180 km and Asansol ( nearest FM station - 92.7) is 40 km from Durgapur. I hear 92.7 in clear stereo every day . Some Kolkata stations ( Red, Power, Fever etc) also are received in Stereo in the morning hours. Receptions on Sundays are extremely good, may be due to less cellphone signal traffic. Unfortunately, the antenna wire has got disconnected and fallen down and the antenna has turned in a diff direction during a storm last month. Waiting for my electrician to turn up and put all this back in shape. Old Hindi songs on 94.3, current Hindi chartbusters on 93.5, Bengali/Hindi mix on 92.7 available every morning & evenings.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back