Focal sib & co/Pioneer AJs....with Yamaha amp

RohitJ

Hi forum members...this is James from delhi.
I need your valuable guidance/advise on the following setup:

Focal sib & co ...front LR and surrounds....(10k×4)
Focal sib xl centre (15k)
SVS SB 1000 (60k)
Total price 105000 (actually getting out of budget a bit)

Although I have auditioned them and the setup sounded awesome....I am sceptical about the price they are being offered at.

I have also auditioned Pioneer AJ 5.1 package (58k) and they sounded great too.....almost half the price.

The speakers will be paired with Yamaha rxv 683.

My requirement is movies 60% - music 40%

Ideal budget will be 1.2laks max.. including receiver.
For you thoughts/guidance please.

First Welcome to HFV

You need to audition with your kind of music and decide....you can also look at Polks...T series or RTiA series.....Tagas...Boston Acoustics, Jamos,

Trust your ears as you are the end user.....read posts under what should i buy.......visit other dealers....never reveal your true budget....

Thanks for your input.
Have bought the Andrew Jones 5.0 package....now the hunt for the sub and the amp begins.

Moderators may kindly close this thread.

Thanks

Read the specs of the front speakers and ensure that you get a sub which can deliver more than 10hz lower bass......depends on your budget too....audition and decide.....there are many brands and sizes out there....

AVR depends on what features you want.....flagship models (high end ones) will cost a lot but are worth....again audition and decide....based on your connectivity / performance requirements and budget....look at Denon / Yamaha / Marantz.....

eferand1....really appreciate your inputs....thanks

For sub (room size is 11x12).........i will go for BIC PL200 (i believe you have the same?). Have not auditioned it.... but based on the inputs from sriram_shol in the threads.....i plan to go by it. Have got in touch with Santhosh for the same....currently it is out of stock.....waiting for the new stock in about two weeks time.

For amp....i have shortlisted the Yam 683.....Atmos is not a priority...but i believe the output from 683 will compliment the AJ's very well.

Your inputs are welcome on these....thanks

Hi,

For the sub....you cant go wrong with that....BIC AM PL 200 is value for money....ported sub with good performance for music and movies....see the reviews under BIC America Speakers Owners Thread.....

For AVR, the Yammy 683 will do...you can check owner reviews in the dedicated Yamaha Owners thread.......if you can get a Marantz (SR5012/SR6012) or older models like 5010/6010 or 5011/6011.....you are sorted......Bargain for the older models as much as you can.....

The amps you mentioned are way beyond my budget.......can you suggest something in the range of 50-60k???? Thanks

Hi James,

In order to understand why those AVRs are expensive, you need to hear them....no harm in taking an audition. If this is going to be a one time investment....it rather be now or you can build up slowly......

Most of us started off with basic AVRs and now have high end models......some of us use the Pre Owned route so that you can keep experimenting different AVRs at an affordable price......

If you believe and feel that the 683 will do justice and you heard it already then go straight for it.

There are a lot of dealers in Delhi, try your luck, you may get a flagship AVR for a good bargain rate.....

Sure......will go for auditions.... 683 is not decided/auditioned yet....but spec-wise looked good.
Whats your take on the NR 1508/1608 Slimline???

Those are indeed good...I used the NR series for about 4 years....changed many models.......they can easily drive the AJ speakers...

Please check with available dealers on best price......1508 being sold for around 44k......some dealers even can go as low as 36/38k......

Thanks for your input.
Have bought the Andrew Jones 5.0 package....now the hunt for the sub and the amp begins.

Moderators may kindly close this thread.

Thanks[/QUOTE
Sure......will go for auditions.... 683 is not decided/auditioned yet....but spec-wise looked good.
Whats your take on the NR 1508/1608 Slimline???
I am in a similar boat in Delhi, where in NCR Can i audition speakers like Polk RtiA7 & Dali Zensor and Avr like Yamaha 683 and Marrantz before taking a dive. Suggest some place with decent demo room and speakers and avr availability

I am using NR1608 about 2 , 3 weeks now , its very good in sound quality ,features and look wise, its drive easily with my boston A 360 paired with bic pl200 and giving awesome quality sound., now i am searching for good center and Surround speakers..

NR1608 have more than enough power to fill medium size rooms with renowned Marantz sound signature, this AVR has exceeded my expectations in power and sound quality..

Last edited:
I need someone who can help me as this is my first time Purchase. He said customs duty is going up from April18, is it so.

I need someone who can help me as this is my first time Purchase. He said customs duty is going up from April18, is it so.

Yes....10% up........

You need to audition and take a decision yourself as you will be the end user..........don't rush....visit and see multiple brands / models.....never reveal your real budget to the dealer......just give your room size and requirements.....

List down what you like.....we can help to shorten the list or steer you to some decision.

Also you can read some threads under "What should I buy / Home Theatre"

i contacted ProFx ,he guided me to AV Store ,Chittranjan Park but they had a cramped demo room and a person who was intersted in just making a sale and not someone who can make a suggestion looking at your requirement and room size.

I auditioned the AJ's package there.....and then made my decision. Running the AJ's with RXV-463 at the moment....love the tonal quality.
Have never heard the marantz though.......would surely audition it.
I kinda have shortlisted the RXV683 and the NR1608.....but will only finalize after auditioning.

For amp....i have shortlisted the Yam 683.....Atmos is not a priority...but i believe the output from 683 will compliment the AJ's very well.
The amps you mentioned are way beyond my budget.......can you suggest something in the range of 50-60k???

If Atmos is not a priority you can consider 5.1 AVR in the lower series of Yamaha, which would cost less..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back